upgrade to the 2015 LUX speakers/audio - Club Touareg Forums
 1Likes

post #1 of 42 Old 12-29-2017 Thread Starter

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
upgrade to the 2015 LUX speakers/audio

Hi,
I just purchased a 2015 TDI. Beautiful SUV. I smile every time I am behind the wheels. My only issue is the audio system is not that great compared to the executive model.
Has anybody tried upgrading the audio system without compromising the rest of the system like navigation etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 01-15-2018

Touareg: 2004 V8
Im looking to do the same in my 04 T1 V8... Any ideas?? (I dont want to rattle the car with stupid bass so keep that in mind.
post #3 of 42 Old 01-26-2018

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by maher View Post
Hi,
I just purchased a 2015 TDI. Beautiful SUV. I smile every time I am behind the wheels. My only issue is the audio system is not that great compared to the executive model.
Has anybody tried upgrading the audio system without compromising the rest of the system like navigation etc.
Hi,
I think you should reference the thread: To Those Looking For A Plug & Play Audio Upgrade (Base Audio Only).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 Old 03-18-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2016 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by maher View Post
Hi,
To activates the dynaudio profile for non dynaudio sound systems, try this.

1. Select the " 56 - Radio" unit.
2. Enter the section " 07 - Encoding " and press " Long encoding "
3. Byte 4 - replace the value 01 with the value 00
4. Save and exit

I did the recode on my 2016 and very impressed with the change in sound quality!
post #5 of 42 Old 03-18-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2014 V6 FSI
Do the Vagcom mod. If still not happy look at this thread:
https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f4...ly-223154.html

I did the PP62 and could not be happier. It sounds better then the Dynaudio in the Exec.
post #6 of 42 Old 03-18-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich.dev View Post
To activates the dynaudio profile for non dynaudio sound systems, try this.

1. Select the " 56 - Radio" unit.
2. Enter the section " 07 - Encoding " and press " Long encoding "
3. Byte 4 - replace the value 01 with the value 00
4. Save and exit

I did the recode on my 2016 and very impressed with the change in sound quality!
do this before anything ....HUGE improvement

2012 Highline Touareg v6 TDI - 8spd - Silver - Weathertechs - Buzzken Downpipe/Dpf/Scr Pipes - Hybrid 2260 - 4 Bar Map - JR Auto Performance/Buzzken Stage 3 Tune - 31 BFG k02s - Cayenne Trans Coding - Gutted/Painted Muffler - Full Led Swap - EGR Cooler Delete
post #7 of 42 Old 03-20-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdimark69 View Post
do this before anything ....HUGE improvement
Wow, I'm not sure how I've never come across this before, but yes indeed a huge improvement! My biggest complaint about my 2013 was the poor sound quality, and this more than makes me happy. no need for additional hardware here. I'm not an audiophile by any means but I do appreciate good quality sound, and this is so much better than stock settings. I had been planning to eventually buy one of those $1000 Match Processors, but not anymore.

2013 Touareg TDI
Nova Scotia, Canada
post #8 of 42 Old 03-20-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSTouaregTDI View Post
Wow, I'm not sure how I've never come across this before, but yes indeed a huge improvement! My biggest complaint about my 2013 was the poor sound quality, and this more than makes me happy. no need for additional hardware here. I'm not an audiophile by any means but I do appreciate good quality sound, and this is so much better than stock settings. I had been planning to eventually buy one of those $1000 Match Processors, but not anymore.
Amen i couldnt believe the difference...the stock system was clearly held back on purpose, as some of us feel to up sell dynaudio. I was going to spend big money for a match as well so glad i dont need to. The stock speakers have built in resistors so we dont need to worry that this effects the tweeters.

Really i love the stereo now, i may add a low power sub just to add a bit more bass, ive always had a good stereo but i think just a bit more bass would finish it off

2012 Highline Touareg v6 TDI - 8spd - Silver - Weathertechs - Buzzken Downpipe/Dpf/Scr Pipes - Hybrid 2260 - 4 Bar Map - JR Auto Performance/Buzzken Stage 3 Tune - 31 BFG k02s - Cayenne Trans Coding - Gutted/Painted Muffler - Full Led Swap - EGR Cooler Delete
post #9 of 42 Old 03-21-2018

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
For those that did the VAGCOM and have the PP52/62, what how was the improvement from the VAGCOM fix to the PP52/62?
post #10 of 42 Old 03-22-2018

Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangrsNmash View Post
For those that did the VAGCOM and have the PP52/62, what how was the improvement from the VAGCOM fix to the PP52/62?

The vagcom change really opens up the possibilities with the dsp (I have a 52). The bass was not adequate and mid was held back as well prior to the change. I had been thinking I’d wasted my money on the dsp / cable/ install until opting for the final step and investing in the vagcom. This was expensive but the sound is better than the Dynaudio in my ‘12 Touareg (which I never thought much of). I haven’t tried the vagcom alone since the dsp was already installed but will suggest that alteration first to a friend who also has a new ‘16. We’ll see if he chooses to go the dsp route.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill88 For This Useful Post:
bangrsNmash (03-25-2018)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode