Touareg: 2015 V6 TDI
Join Date: Apr 2016
Second Vehicle: Other
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please report back if you end up finding anything. I did find a pic
once showing that a proclip tablet holder fits in the storage compartment opening, but nothing showing how or if the person ended up securing it.
Tablet mounting has been been a long Google journey, with mixed results at best. I am unable to find a tablet mount that A) is specifically made for the Touareg 7P and B) is centered on the dash above the DNS 850 display.
Thus far, I've seen the following mounting approaches:
- Suction cup mount. (not my first choice!)
- CD slot mount. (no bueno for us that have the CD player in the glovebo)
- Cup holder mount. This is attractive for ease and quick removal, but the snaky arm is not a good experience
- Hard mount to the passenger seat floor rail. Adds a lot of kit to the cabin. (see photos below)
- Air vent mount. I won't consider this unless it bridges across two air vents.
- Wedge mount. (between seat and center console). Meh.
- Wedge tab mount. (this is one of my preferred approaches, but no luck finding something suitable yet; see BMW photo below)
- Dashboard cubby hole mount. (see Njord's and Mohammed's posts above)
(supporting photos to follow)
Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.