KGL-7402 from CarNavi bricked? - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 2 Old 08-09-2018 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2006 V6
Second Vehicle: Other
Garage
KGL-7402 from CarNavi bricked?

Morning everyone!

This past Monday while on a road trip my head unit (KGL07402 from CarNavi) started to show some odd issues. The lights went from the normal red to blue, the unit would not change volume from the steering wheel, but would from the volume knob, and it was very sluggish. At the time I was playing music and using google maps for navigation. I decided to shut the unit down at which time the unit was stuck in a shut down loop for 30 minutes and nothing happened, weirdly the touch screen then worked and you could change screens in the background. Once I turned the car off to get gas the unit kept running with music in the background and the shutdown screen still showing, so I pulled the fuse for the head unit on the right had side of the car to secure power to it. At that point the head unit did not turn on at all....

I contacted CarNavi and they told me there is nothing they can do and did not even offer to help me, be it a restart procedure, or advice as to what might have failed? Their advice was take it to a electronics guy locally to fix it or buy a new one... awesome

I did hold the power button for 30+ seconds, Power+Menu button for 30 seconds, Power+Reset for 30 seconds, pulled the harness to check for bad wires(all good) and if it had power (it does), CanBus has power, I mean i'm just scratching my head now

sooo TLDR: The head unit tried to turn off and did not, I pulled the fuse, and now it wont turn on.

Can anyone here give advice on maybe a start up procedure or some possible fixes? should I talk to XDA and see if there is a back way to start it? im 90% sure that this is a software related problem (as its 4.4 and not a new OS) and not a hardware problem.

Thank you for you time everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-20-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2005 V8
Luckily I've had mine working till this day but unfortunately, like everything else, these radio's were good for its time and you can't update the os because of the hardware is simply outdated. Time has caught up to these radios.

I also wouldn't expect Carnavi to help either because the radio is no longer being sold and even if they could, it wouldn't be much., if it is being sold,mostly likely it's preowned or or a company is trying get rid of inventory.. I'm afraid you may be looking at purchasing another radio...im in that process myself. My radio on the other had has been good for the most part which was also purchasrd through carnavi a few years ago. The radio has been acting weird with the Bluetooth. It won't connect automatically with my phone at times and sometimes I don't hear audio from the Bluetooth which forces me to power down the unit. I'm looking to buy another one with 8.8 display from seicane.com or just go with a name brand aftermarket as I have no plans going back to stock..

It's a good radio but I don't think it was built to last

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode