Error in RNS 850: Start the Diag. tester feature: Main Unit/Version Update - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 1 Old 04-25-2019 Thread Starter

Error in RNS 850: Start the Diag. tester feature: Main Unit/Version Update

Hello,
I wanted to update the firmware and maps.

First, I updated the firmware from the version „HN+_EU_VW_K0821” to „HN+_EU_VW_P0824”. The firmware upgrade was successful.

Then I started updating the maps from the version „ECE_VW_R_6.26.1” to „ECE_VW_R_6.28.2”.
After starting the map update, a message appeared „Start the Diag. tester feature: Main Unit/Version Update” and the update was failed.
Then I have made all of indicated below actions and after every action I checked if the map update is possible:
- I've tried to install the maps in user defined mode (turning on in green menu option „user defined mode”);
- I’ve copied maps to another SD card and made an attempt to reinstall the maps;
- I’ve deleted the navigation database in the green menu (option „Delete database (will need reboot)”;
- I’ve removed the navigation partition in the green menu (option „Delete Nav HDD partition”).

Because all the above actions did not help, then I installed the map version „ECE_VW_R_6.28.2” activator.

After performing the above actions, each time a message appeared during the attempt to update the maps: „Start the Diag. tester feature: Main Unit/Version Update”. Of course, after completing the above actions, navigation and maps have stopped working.

In the absence of ideas for installing the latest maps, I decided to return to the firmware version „HN+_EU_VW_K0821” and to the map version „ECE_VW_R_6.26.1”. But unfortunately when trying to install firmware version „HN+_EU_VW_K0821” and to the map version „ECE_VW_R_6.26.1” message „Start the Diag. tester feature: Main Unit/Version Update” appears too.

Summing up: now I can’t install any version of the firmware and any version of the map, because I always get a message „Start the Diag. tester feature: Main Unit/Version Update”.
Do you have any idea what to do to install any maps in this situation and to remove from appearing the message: „Start the Diag. tester feature: Main Unit/Version Update”?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode