do i have a amp - Club Touareg Forums

Old 05-20-2018 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2006 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Garage
do i have a amp

I have a 2006 touareg v6 3.0 tdi, can anyone tell me if i have a amp in this model, the radio is the one with the sat nav and i do have a multi disc changer in the back, the reason i am asking is i have put an after market radio in and the right side speakers have no bass to them and they are very quite,but the left side speakers are a different matter,they are full of bass and the mids and tweeters all work fine,so if there is an amp in this car could that be the problem, or is there something else wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2018
Touareg Guru

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: 2004 V6
Garage
AFAIK, all the T1s with nav had amps. The 2004-05 had the digital amp. Luckily, you have a standard analog amp, which pretty much works just like any aftermarket amp.

Sounds like we have the outputs from the radio---inputs to the amp to get correct. Perhaps something is hooked wrong?

As far as the output from the amp, each front door has 3 speakers and the rear door has two speakers. I think (85% sure) that the amp ran a wire to each speaker.

Sorry I don't have the electrical schematic for the amp. If you end up needing some, just ask. There are a few people here that have them.
Old 05-21-2018 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2006 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Garage
do i have a amp

Thanks that,s great to know i have a amp.

The only thing that have changed is the radio have not touched anything else.

Do you think it could be the amp that is causing the problems with the left side of the speakers, they do sort of work but are very crackly.

Was having problems with the stock radio in but not to this extent, but there are times it will work ok and then go back to not working again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in