2012 RNS850 Issue - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 3 Old 03-04-2019 Thread Starter

2012 RNS850 Issue

Afternoon,

So my '12 Touareg RNS850 seems to have stopped playing anything... including the beep that you would traditionally hear. I searched and checked the forum and there is a ton of great stuff on here but I could not locate anything that detailed my issue.

The vehicle does not have the DynAudio setup but basically the volume is locked at half and it won't tune a Sirius station, or an AM/FM station so after I searched the forum I located the radio unit on the passenger side rear cargo panel and unplugged it to reset it and same result. It was at this time I discovered I had no audible beep or sound from making a call so I am at a loss... Is it the amplifier but if so why no tuning capability or ????.

Any help of insight would be greatly appreciated so thank you in advance to anyone whom reads this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-04-2019

Touareg: 2013 V6 FSI
Second Vehicle: Other
2012 RNS850 Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by '12Touareg View Post
Afternoon,

So my '12 Touareg RNS850 seems to have stopped playing anything... including the beep that you would traditionally hear. I searched and checked the forum and there is a ton of great stuff on here but I could not locate anything that detailed my issue.

The vehicle does not have the DynAudio setup but basically the volume is locked at half and it won't tune a Sirius station, or an AM/FM station so after I searched the forum I located the radio unit on the passenger side rear cargo panel and unplugged it to reset it and same result. It was at this time I discovered I had no audible beep or sound from making a call so I am at a loss... Is it the amplifier but if so why no tuning capability or ????.

Any help of insight would be greatly appreciated so thank you in advance to anyone whom reads this.

What software are you on? If you hold down and setup for 5 seconds it will tell you the current software version also Factory reset the unit in the setup mode maybe that will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #3 of 3 Old 03-05-2019 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply and software is on 0319 and the 5 button reset brings it back to where it is now but I can't seem to find where the factory reset is you mention.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode