Club Touareg Forum banner

2012 Rear View Camera Availability?

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  justa4banger 
#1 ·
Per a number of sources it appears '12 Tregs are now being built with the rear view camera which had been listed on vw.com for the entire model year. Has anyone gotten any information on:

1. If '12 buyers who purchased models advertised to have a camera but delivered without will have any retrofit options supported by VWOA?

2. If there will be a price increase on the '12s when they start arriving on dealer lots with factory cameras installed?

3. If the leftover '12s which do not have factory cameras will have incentives / price changes?

#2 ·
REALLY ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT CAMERA's

1. its too early to tell IMO.
2. I doubt it
3. Really you think they would drop the price because a truck didn't have a camera..

Sorry but i just don't see how the Touareg not having a camera could cause 50 threads to be started.

People in Japan are still suffering and Americans are over here only worried about getting their camera.....

#9 ·
I ordered my '11 TDI Lux in May and found out when I picked it up in August that VW had substituted PDC for the rear view camera. I like the PDC better, it covers front and rear, and has an audible alert. I always turn around when backing and would never rely on a camera anyway to see where I was going. My PDC does seem a little picky though, it even picks up tall grass!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.