Club Touareg Forum banner

2009 VW Touareg TDI Bluetooth

7K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  1974 Kombi 
#1 ·
So I recently picked up a 3.0 tdi and I love everything about it was checking how to set up the Bluetooth and I have the phone book and can make a receive calls can also pull up numbers and that all works perfectly but I can’t stream music from my iPhone X I’ve gone to setting and media and it shows “enable Bluetooth Audio” but it does not show the option to choose Bluetooth in sources when it is connected to my phone through the Bluetooth I’m beginning to think I just don’t have the capability but let me know what you guys think :crying:

#3 ·
From everything I’ve read the Bluetooth audio settings only apply to phone calls, not audio streaming.

I picked up a Bovee Tune2Air adapter on Amazon, ~$80, and it plugs in to the MMI adapter in the glovebox. Works great! The headunit can take a few seconds to switch back from phone call back to streaming audio, but I’ve had it for a month now and really like it.

#4 ·
From everything I’ve read the Bluetooth audio settings only apply to phone calls, not audio streaming.

I picked up a Bovee Tune2Air adapter on Amazon, ~$80, and it plugs in to the MMI adapter in the glovebox. Works great! The headunit can take a few seconds to switch back from phone call back to streaming audio, but I’ve had it for a month now and really like it.
I just picked one of these up and I am not too happy with how its been acting... constantly disconnects from my phone... then will reconnect with the volume at full blast. Definitely an unpleasant experience haha

#5 ·
I believe the RNS 510 radio in the 2009-10 Touaregs do not support Bluetooth for music. Only phone calls. The later RNS 510s support it but I'm not exactly sure how to find these specific 510 models with the added bluetooth capability. Many on eBay but no specific info on if it's music capable or not.

#6 ·
This will solve your issue if wanting to stream BT music.

TonyB

#7 ·
Sadly, I wish I knew about this before ripping out my RNS510 and selling it on eBay so quickly thinking the Android unit was gonna work perfect (it did on my 2008 Passat).

Now I’m stuck with the Android unit and just need to figure out rear camera video feed issue with OEM camera already installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
So, to update where I’m at on this topic, I got more and more frustrated with the Bovee Tune2Air and have returned it. Connection was slow to initiate, it wouldn’t recommend reliably after hanging up a phone call, and I was frequently unplugging/replugging it to reset.
I bought the Chelink Bluetooth adapter from Amazon, for roughly $20. It doesn’t do music tagging or display song info but the connection is WAY better. I’m looking for one that does do music tagging, but for an inexpensive Bluetooth solution it works well.
Unfortunately, when I checked amazon today it looks like they’re out of stock.

CHELINK AMI MMI MDI Bluetooth Audio Music Adapter Cable for VW Audi A3 A4 A5 A7 R7 S5 Q7 A6L A8L A4L Series (for MMI 3G Only) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RSQBJ31/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_nMnMDb2QYQP5G

#10 ·
I remember installing this in my 2010 Touareg TDi and having problems with bluetooth coming out of right side speakers only I believe. I can't exactly remember what my end result was or how I fixed it since I sold the car in early 2020. My suggestion is to check out these two groups on Facebook called VW Touareg Owners and Volkswagen Touareg. Very highly active groups and you will get much faster responses if you do a post there.

Reactions: SBO-T-Reg
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.