2004 audio issues - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 5 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter

2004 audio issues

I need help🤯, so i have a 2004 treg and stereo was blank when I purchased the beast found the stereo code and when I enter the code I get audio out for a little while and the "click" out goes the audio and I wait a while and can power it back on and re enter the code only for the same thing to happen.... i got sick of that and purchased a cheap Dual double din bluetooth receiver from walmart and wired it all up but cant get it to power on... someoooooone hellllllllllp!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤘
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter

There has to be someone out there that knows what to do in this situation. Its driving me nuts...
post #3 of 5 Old 1 Week Ago
Touareg Guru

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: 2004 V6
Garage
It don't work. Fix it is sort of hard. Biggest problem is we don't know what it was wired for.

Two possibilities.

(1) If a 2004-2005 Touareg came with the nav system, you are in for a world of hurt. Be prepared to wire the entire system from scratch. You will even have to re-wire the speakers in the doors. I would just leave the factory wires unhooked and run all new wires from the new radio back to the speakers. Just to keep it interesting, you will have to figure out and install crossovers in each door to run to the speakers. Fun, fun, and then some more fun.

(2) If the vehicle came with the factory radio, your problem should just be properly wiring the aftermarket radio.

Sounds like the radio is not hooked correctly to the accessory and always hot power lines. A bad ground wire could also prevent the unit from powering up.

Fix the wiring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 1 Week Ago
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
It's very possible that you had a flaky connection already..... this would explain why your OEM unit cut out after a while or appeared to work intermittently. It basically thinks it was "removed" all the time when said flaky connection would break...... if that's the case, you probably damaged the connection permanently when you replaced the head unit so now you've lost even the flaky connection.
post #5 of 5 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter

It is the 04 with stock radio w/o Nav.. the connection isnt completely lost because i can plug stock radio back in put in the code and it will run and then cut out..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode