What does the Touareg have in common with Ferrari? - Club Touareg Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Odessa

Old 12-28-2018 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Garage
What does the Touareg have in common with Ferrari?

It appears the front pads on a Gen 1 & 2 Touareg are the same ones used on...
Ferrari F430
Ferrari 612 Scagiletti
Aston Martin DB9
Aston Martin Vantage
Corvette
Touareg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brake pads.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	402.2 KB
ID:	220133  

2014 Touareg Tdi

'03 Range Rover HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

90kw Siemens AC induction motor
Home built drive inverter
33kWh Lithium pack
90k electric miles since 2008

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2011 V6 FSI
Second Vehicle: Other
Garage
Just my opinion, but from what I've read about Touareg brake pads... it's best to go with OEM. Aftermarket like EBC will give more bite but also more brake dust. Not a trade off I'm willing to accept as the OEM seem to stop the Treg just fine.

Old 12-28-2018

Touareg: 2004 V8
Fancy Italian Brembo six piston calipers to haul the beast down from speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2018 Thread Starter

Garage
We tow a travel trailer semi-frequently, so I'm looking for the best stopping power I can get. I had the yellow EBC pads on my Range Rover and finally found a pad I'm happy with. With so many different OEMs supplying parts; so many different auto manufacturers choosing OEMs, and so many friction materials available within each OEM lineup, the chances of finding a pad I'm happy with is pretty slim.

When I'm buying "EBC Yellow" pads, at least I know they will have the same formulation I'm familiar with, no matter what car I have them on (Land Rover, VW, Honda... Lambo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Tregs View Post
Just my opinion, but from what I've read about Touareg brake pads... it's best to go with OEM. Aftermarket like EBC will give more bite but also more brake dust. Not a trade off I'm willing to accept as the OEM seem to stop the Treg just fine.

2014 Touareg Tdi

'03 Range Rover HSE

90kw Siemens AC induction motor
Home built drive inverter
33kWh Lithium pack
90k electric miles since 2008

Old 12-29-2018
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2009 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
This advert might appear to be that the vehicles listed in question are of the same "size" diameter etc and rotor size caliper.

I doubt that Ferrari would or Aston have exactly the same although that would be interesting and i also doubt that one would want o buy EBC over brembo, ATE etc etc
Black Grouse likes this.

MY08 - 2009 - TDI V6 (CASA) - APR Tune *** Zenec ZE-NC2051D - Bluetooth - USB - DVD & MZone *** Air Suspension - AFS Xenon - OEM Rear Full Spare - OEM Tow Pack - TPMS. *** Alex G : Light bar, Winch bar - PLUS 8T Winch, Rock-sliders, front & centre under body armour protection, Rear Diff (Flying Nun) and Rear A-Arm armour Protection. *** Car DNA rear lights - Ulter Sport Exhaust Tips - M&H Pro Vent 200 - Team Heko Deflectors.

MY05 - V8 Loved, lost but never forgotten. (Gone)
Old 12-29-2018
Touareg Mechanic

Garage
Ferodo, TRW, Brembo, Zimmermann...etc. Who are Mssrs. EBC? They claim they are leaders in brake market, however not even in the list of substitutes. So, finally, which year the Yellowstaff compatible to? The table quoting 2007-2017? https://www.ebay.com/itm/EBC-DP41908...75.c1#viTabs_0
Old 12-29-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Garage
I for one would not recommend TRW. It is an inferior pad used on Brembo discs. I was weary about installing these some time ago, but the supplier only had those at the time so I thought I would try it. Not happy. Only thing good was less brake dust! Stopping ability when cold, negative. Stopping when hot, negative. Very little initial bite when cold or warm and felt soft through the pedal. Co-efficient of friction much less. Wore through pretty quickly.
Changed to Pagid pads on Brembo discs and had consistent feel through the pedal came back, high initial bite no mushy pedal when hot. More brake dust, but to me, stopping ability is more important than brake dust.
EBC, Brembo ceramic, Pagid, Hawke or OEM (they squeal!) are very good
Stay away from TRW, Monroe or any USA type brand. Inferior quality
If brake dust is a concern, clean wheels with suitable cleaner and spray Autoglym wheel sealer. It will minimises brake dust adhering to the wheels for a long time. i use it on race and rally car wheels which is very effective.
Old 12-29-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Garage
It doesn’t surprise me that Brembo callipers fit Ferrari, Touareg etc... They like other brake manufactures have various callipers and the designer looks at the specs and specifies accordingly. They are not going to re-invent the wheel for every car that comes along. way too costly. Things the designer would look at, overall size, mount type, offset, heat range, co-efficient of friction, fluid type, materials, etc... and check with ones will fit for their application. Then they would test the calliper, then do infield testing at various climates, temperatures etc...
Brembo seems to be the flavour now as they are a known brand that most people know about and their stock is readily available at a reasonable cost and are used in the racing fraternity.
True racing aficionados tend to go with true and tested AP, Tilton, Willwoood etc...
Old 12-30-2018
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2009 V6 TDI
Brembo's are on Kia's these days. They have "out sourced" their product to the market. sooo cant really use Brembo as a starting peg so to speak. Could we ??? I havent and would not. I swear by Ate.!

MY08 - 2009 - TDI V6 (CASA) - APR Tune *** Zenec ZE-NC2051D - Bluetooth - USB - DVD & MZone *** Air Suspension - AFS Xenon - OEM Rear Full Spare - OEM Tow Pack - TPMS. *** Alex G : Light bar, Winch bar - PLUS 8T Winch, Rock-sliders, front & centre under body armour protection, Rear Diff (Flying Nun) and Rear A-Arm armour Protection. *** Car DNA rear lights - Ulter Sport Exhaust Tips - M&H Pro Vent 200 - Team Heko Deflectors.

MY05 - V8 Loved, lost but never forgotten. (Gone)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in