4Likes
  • 1 Post By tdimark69
  • 1 Post By tdimark69
  • 2 Post By sponcar

post #1 of 7 Old 05-16-2018 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2015 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Off-road Wheel/Tire Package Recommendations

This may have been asked countless time before but I am looking for recommendations for off-road wheel/tire package. By off-road I mean, beach days and light car camping. Nothing really overland-ish.

My Treg came with an aftermarket wheel/tire package from the dealer. 22 inch Niche INTAKE - M159 with some 'ironman' tires. They are okay for driving around town but would like to have a spare set to change out on weekend trips to the beach or car camping at state parks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-16-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
love my bfg k02s...very capable and quite and look very nice...wear is great i still have lots left after 60,000 miles
ridedirt311 likes this.

2012 Highline Touareg v6 TDI - 8spd - Silver - Weathertechs - Buzzken Downpipe/Dpf/Scr Pipes - Hybrid 2260 - 4 Bar Map - JR Auto Performance/Buzzken Stage 3 Tune - 31 BFG k02s - Cayenne Trans Coding - Gutted/Painted Muffler - Full Led Swap - EGR Cooler Delete
post #3 of 7 Old 05-17-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2008 V6
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegz1 View Post
This may have been asked countless time before but I am looking for recommendations for off-road wheel/tire package. By off-road I mean, beach days and light car camping. Nothing really overland-ish.

My Treg came with an aftermarket wheel/tire package from the dealer. 22 inch Niche INTAKE - M159 with some 'ironman' tires. They are okay for driving around town but would like to have a spare set to change out on weekend trips to the beach or car camping at state parks.

To add to Markís comment. Although, Iíve never run them on my truck I feel confident in saying the KO2s are the best A/T tire on the market.

With that said, Wayne, I do run Toyo Open Country A/T2s. And, I would say theyíre a solid #2.

There is a thread here somewhere, Wayne, that shows max tire size for your model. There is a ton of info on the topic along with the sizes. Iím sure it will greatly help you arrive at precisely the set of rolling stock you desire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Mike H
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-17-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridedirt311 View Post
To add to Markís comment. Although, Iíve never run them on my truck I feel confident in saying the KO2s are the best A/T tire on the market.

With that said, Wayne, I do run Toyo Open Country A/T2s. And, I would say theyíre a solid #2.

There is a thread here somewhere, Wayne, that shows max tire size for your model. There is a ton of info on the topic along with the sizes. Iím sure it will greatly help you arrive at precisely the set of rolling stock you desire.

I really wanted toyos but in canada they are significantly more then bfgs...and i like the snowflake rating which is good for me, they are very good in winter too
ridedirt311 likes this.

2012 Highline Touareg v6 TDI - 8spd - Silver - Weathertechs - Buzzken Downpipe/Dpf/Scr Pipes - Hybrid 2260 - 4 Bar Map - JR Auto Performance/Buzzken Stage 3 Tune - 31 BFG k02s - Cayenne Trans Coding - Gutted/Painted Muffler - Full Led Swap - EGR Cooler Delete
post #5 of 7 Old 05-18-2018

You can always try the General grabber AT(x). I personally run AT2 in my Touareg.
alfissimo and ridedirt311 like this.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-18-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2008 V6
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
You can always try the General grabber AT(x). I personally run AT2 in my Touareg.

I was just checking out the General A/Tx. It looks like they donít make a size that would fit a Touareg. But, I think the General X3 might work.

Mike H
post #7 of 7 Old 05-18-2018

Touareg: 2008 V8
Second Vehicle: VW 2
I recently purchased Falken Wildpeak AT3's (265/60r1 and so far so good. Price on these are great (I paid around $160 per tire) and the reviews are great too. BFG KO2's would've been awesome but the price was way to high than I wanted to spend. I would've love to buy new wheels but nothing caught my eye during my searches.

Good luck and let us know which combo you end up with.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode