Club Touareg Forum banner

Delivery Tires: Pirelli vs Dunlop

5K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  cgmb16 
#1 ·
Picked up my 2004 V6 T-reg (build date 10/2003) on 01/31/2004, no options.

My buddy picked up his 2004 V6 T-reg on 02/02/2004, Premium II and VDC.

My car came wth Pirellis and his came with Dunlops - I didn't know there was a difference with tires for delivery. Is the variance option-based or something else?

#3 ·
As far as the Dunlops vs. Pirelli's - I'm told both are good tires and it's just a random thing as far as which vehicles get them. This is in reference to the V6's equipped with 17' tires.

#4 ·
Thanks! It just seemed very weird to me that on V6 would come with the Pirelli's and the other came with the Dunlops. Both 17s, both have a 10/2003 build date, both V6s. The only difference is that mine was bone stock and the other has Premium II.

Any other thoughts? Doesn't it seem odd?

#6 ·
That is cool - thank you!
The supplier thought is interesting. I would have thought VW got long-lead contracts for tire suppliers. Then again, with a JIT production ine (I'm assuming) maybe they just take whatever is on top of the pile.

#10 ·
Hiroprotaganist said:
Thanks! It just seemed very weird to me that on V6 would come with the Pirelli's and the other came with the Dunlops. Both 17s, both have a 10/2003 build date, both V6s. The only difference is that mine was bone stock and the other has Premium II.

Any other thoughts? Doesn't it seem odd?
I have a V6 with the Premium II Package and I have Dunlops. I think it is just a supply issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.