2017 Touareg Heavy Duty Coil Springs - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 3 Old 02-21-2019 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2016 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Thumbs down 2017 Touareg Heavy Duty Coil Springs

Greetings all. My first post/question. I have a 2017 3.0 V6 diesel Touareg and have just purchased a new caravan. The towing and ball weights of the van are well within the Touareg's stated capability but the rear of the vehicle is a little lower than I'd like with the van connected and WDHs fitted. I think I'd need to source some heavy duty coil springs to fit to the rear of the vehicle but am experiencing difficulty in sourcing same. I'd truly appreciate any information that could be provide to assist.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-21-2019
Touareg Addict

Touareg: 2008 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Can't afford one
Hi Mudtrakie, welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure you will find a heavier spring set to lift the rear of your Touareg to compensate for the extra weight on the towball load.

I think you should tell us a little more about the actual van you have bought and the load you are towing and most importantly, have you had all the weights verified by a weighbridge?
It is pretty much common knowledge that van manufacturer's published weight specifications are seldom accurate.

You say you use a WDH, could you also be more specific about what you use as weight distribution hitches are designed to be specific to the load that you are towing so it may well be that your WDH could just simply be a little be too soft for the towball weight and that's why your Touareg sags more than you wish.

In my experience with WDH use, I had no problem in equalising both vehicle and van so both to be level.

You have read your manual regarding the use of WDH's haven't you?

If you haven't already found this, I suggest you read my attempts to improve the suspension on my 7L (200 Touareg for offroad performance and towability:
https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f...di-166345.html

You will see in the above link that part of my suspension upgrades was the fitment of heavier springs manufactured by King Springs, I think they "will" suit your 7P but you will need to make your own enquiries.

You will find a lot of collective knowleage on the subject on this forum so shoot away, remember the quality of replies always equates to the details given in the question.

TonyB

MY08 V6TDi, Atacama Grey, Air Suspension, Bi-Xenons
Enhancements: OEM Paddle Shifters, OEM Tow Pack, OEM LED load Module, Red Arc Tow Pro Elite Brake Controller, Icom IC-440 UHF, 6 Spot 17Z Front Brakes, FM100 Aux fuel filter + water alarm, Pro Vent catch can, 20" Road Tyres + spare, 17" A/T Off-road tyres + 2 x full size spares, AG Custom alloy underbody front+ centre+rear alloy protection plates.

MY08 V6TDi, Campanella White
My first Touareg love affair, found a new home locally.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-14-2019
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
I've towed a trailer with a #400 lbs tongue weight. When I first hookup the trailer it squats quite a bit. I use 800 lb springs (I think, though they could be 600 lbs springs). Once the WDH is attached the vehicle is almost level. I'd bet if you are seeing the nose up and rear squat it is because either you have a heavy tongue weight on it or your WDH bars are either not adjusted properly or perhaps you need stiffer WDH springs.

Do you by chance know what rating WDH springs you have?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode