Club Touareg Forum banner

17" wheel fitment question?

12K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Rose Lane Garage 
#1 ·
Will any OE 17" VW Touareg wheel fit a 2010 Touareg TDI? Looking into winter wheel options.

Not sure if there are any brake clearance issues etc?

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Yes. I just put a set on with Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1. I had to put this size to get a Blizzak that would go up to 50psi. 235/65r17 108br XL 50psi max 2205lbs per tire capacity. The others only went to 44psi. and the specified rear tire pressure is 46psi. on the 2010.

This isn't my actual wheel, but it is the same type. I found a cheap set on Craigslist for snow tires.

#4 ·

NO! They don't!!

As Njord says, the 2.5 Tdi takes it hubs from the VW T5 Transporter van parts bin and runs on 120x5 pcd wheels whereas all other Touaregs run on 130x5 pcd.

17 inch 5x130pcd will not fit the V10 as the wheel will not clear the calipers.

#5 ·
Sorry about that. I didn't see the R5. I just read the 2010 TDI from the post.

I guess this is another time it is stupid for the edit button to disappear after a half hour or whatever the time limit is. I never understood that function of this site.

#6 ·
In fairness, the 2.5 wasn't sent to the US so it's not a model you'd ever think of.

#8 ·
hopefully someone with more experience can answer this:
i have a 2010 tdi wit 20 inch rims, I wanted to buy 17's or 18's so I can get bigger tires to go in the snow or sand. Can I put any 5 x 130 wheel without having to worry about the calipers hitting he rim?
any suggestions for wheels and tire packages? tire rack does not give good options.

#10 ·
hopefully someone with more experience can answer this:
i have a 2010 tdi wit 20 inch rims, I wanted to buy 17's or 18's so I can get bigger tires to go in the snow or sand. Can I put any 5 x 130 wheel without having to worry about the calipers hitting he rim?
any suggestions for wheels and tire packages? tire rack does not give good options.
Only on the V10 you can't fit 17" rims. All other 5x130 rims will do.. Also 16" steel rims can be fitted on R5 only.

#16 ·
And what size?

If 235/65/17 or 255/60/17, then the OD should be the same at 29 inches give or take a fraction especially with a chunky winter tread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.