Club Touareg Forum banner

01772 - G291 - Implausible signal

20K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  VD-CH 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!

My '04 V10 (231k km) with air suspension has been throwing this code intermittently for the past six months:

01772 - G291 - Implausible signal

I've put many km's on the car in the meantime and haven't noticed any real issue...

One or twice the car seemed to run a little high and sometimes it takes a while for the car to be fully raised (when turning the ride height dial). Also, the compressor can sometimes take a little while to build up pressure when I'm filling tires.

I checked the forum - information overload - and cannot find any "resolved" posts.

Any advice?

Best,
VD-CH

#4 ·
Replaced the pump cylinder head and piston ring yesterday. Stupidly, I took out the air hoses from the compressor before working and the car was on jack stands (only front axle) so the rear suspension was down completely and when I lowered the car from the stands it was uneven.

Started/turned the engine off a couple of times and cycled it through high/low comfort/sport and it seems to be reasonably level again (front a little bit lower than the back, less than 3cm difference). Also not throwing any errors messages anymore...

Thanks for everyone's input, especially @4ePikanini

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.