Club Touareg Forum banner

Wavy Idle - 2010 V6 TDI

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  touareg169 
#1 ·
Well, just spent about 3 hours driving my new egg and am so impressed with what an amazing machine it is. Just awesome. Anyway, I notice that when it idles it is a bit "wavy" - slightly varying from about 750 rpm up and down maybe +- 10 RPM. It is somewhat subtle, but definitely noticable. Anybody else have this? Is this normal? It doesn't always do it either.

#2 ·
Could the engine be responding to increased/decreased load from the A/C compressor? If so, try running climate with the A/C off for a while and see if that's it. I usually leave mine off unless it's needed for cooling or defrosting.

#4 ·
Well now that you mention it, +/-10 RPM's isn't much of a difference...

That said, I wonder if this just a quirk that will go away after initial break-in (~1500 mi). How's your oil and coolant look?

#5 ·
I've got 2100 miles on it as of this writing and it does seem to have calmed down a bit but still does it once in a while. Oil is down to about 1/4 the way of the middle area and haven't checked the coolant but havent gotten any warning messages. I'll bet it is tied to my surging issue which I am going to post some videos of soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.