Club Touareg Forum banner

Trip odometer reset buttom z'd my adblue

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  audieg 
#1 ·
New owner of 2011 TDI with 56K. After a short trip(500 mile) I pushed the trip reset to z out and the adblue light came on. Now it won't start due to the adblue being at zero. got the manual out and topped off the adblue tank. It took 2.5 gal so I'm guessing the 50K service wasn't done by a VW dealer. Turned on the ignition for 30 sec, not reset. Tried a few more times with no better luck.
Anyone with similar problem and what did it take to fix. Nearest dealer is 30 miles and BTW I bought the car from Carmax and have been pleased until I pushed that 0.0 button.

#2 ·
A dealer is needed. Could be AdBlue pump and/or software upgrade for it. Lots of info here in on this topic. Was a problem for several months and affected some 2011-2012 models.

Good luck!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#3 ·
I don't think the trip reset had anything to do with it. Just a coincidence that it came on when you hit the reset. You will need a dealer now. Nothing we can do for you here since it won't start.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.