Club Touareg Forum banner

Tire Filler hose storage

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Yeti 
#1 ·
I just got the Tire filler hose to replace the one that didn't come with the vehicle. Only one problem, I can't quite figure out where Volkswagen intends for this to be kept. I found 2 loose straps in the tool area, only to discover that I guess I'm missing 2 wheel chocks...UGH!! I do have the air suspension system, so I can assume some things had to be moved around to make room for the air tank. There is a red triangle tab stuck to the carpet below the left rear seat. Once the seat has been lifted up, there is a strange cavity with a rubber strap that's emboldened with the triangle and book emblem. Of course, the manual says nothing about what is supposed to be there and seems to narrow to keep the hose there. I could be wrong. The manual says is that the tire filler hose in kept under the cargo area. Google search was no help. I guess some Touareg filler hoses came with the storag bag, and some didn't? Hmmm.

#3 ·
I always thought it was kept under one of the rear seats.

#12 ·
So, am I missing the road triangle that supposed to be kept under the left rear seat too? It makes sense that the cavity would be for a folded triangle sign.
You are not missing the triangle, we did not get them here in NA. The hose on my '10 is in a bag beside the tank. That is where it has been from new.

#5 ·
That’s different to mine ( 2004 v10 Europe model) my Velcro straps are attached to the floor..... the triangle for mine is in the boot in the left hand side compartment, there is a Velcro strap there for it, guess you have a newer model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Click on Go Advanced [one of the two boxes below the Quick Reply box], scroll down to Additional Options and then click on Manage Attachments.

#10 ·
Air filler hose

Thanks there Blownvette. That helps with the mystery. I looks like VW didn't have a lot of thought on where to put it with the air suspension package. It's funny that's where I put it until I had a solid answer. Not the best OEM location, but it is what it isl!, hence the bag I guess. If anyone else finds there's in a different spot, then let us know, otherwise, the official placement of the filler tire hose on vehicles with the air suspension is left of the spare tire, in a bag, wedged between the air tank and the spare tire. Anybody disagree??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.