Club Touareg Forum banner

Steering Wheel Heater Problem

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Bill 
G
#1 ·
The first time I tried using the steering wheel heater it worked fine. The second time, it did not work at all. This week we down in the low teens and it is brutal to keep your hands on a cold steering wheel.

Does anyone have any solutions?

#4 ·
On the steering wheel heater issue:

I bought and had delivered in August 2003 a V8 Treg w/ the Premium plus package.

Now I learn that steering wheel heater ONLY comes with the Winter Package.

A bit strange I think to not to include steeringwheel heater function in a premium plus package - a package which HAS heated seats and side view mirrors.

So I have to drive my 53.000 Treg with gloves!

#5 ·
On the steering wheel heater issue:

I bought and had delivered in August 2003 a V8 Treg w/ the Premium plus package.

Now I learn that steering wheel heater ONLY comes with the Winter Package.

A bit strange I think to not to include steeringwheel heater function in a premium plus package - a package which HAS heated seats and side view mirrors.

So I have to drive my 53.000 Treg with gloves!

#6 ·
Terence said:
The first time I tried using the steering wheel heater it worked fine. The second time, it did not work at all. This week we down in the low teens and it is brutal to keep your hands on a cold steering wheel.

Does anyone have any solutions?
I have the heated wheel and love it. Is it possible that you bumped the on/off switch? It's located on the backside of the steering wheel, on the right. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.