Club Touareg Forum banner

Removing Front Bumper on T2

18K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  ABerri007 
#1 ·
Do the headlights have to come off?
I've searched and read on this board some T1 bumpers being removed and the procedure in general, but there are no write-ups on the T2 front bumper.
I assume that its about the same but wanted to make sure if the headlights need to come off after the grille.

Thanks

#2 ·
No, you don't need to remove the lights and you're supposed to be able to remove the grille and bumper together in one go.

Only thing to watch out for would be PDC sensors if fitted and headlight washers if you have HID's.

#6 ·
Can you do a write up with pics. I'm interested in lifting the front off as well to cut out and place off road lights in the webbed area. I know the T2 is different from the T1s as I can't lift the emblem off and there are no screws apparent. It seems that all screws are on the top... clarifications anyone?

siberian

#10 ·
Well I hope it's not just idle banter as we have many a critter here and a bottle left out, unattended... well you just never know what could happen way out in the middle of nowhere, near Ester where they shot Dan McGrew... so hope you will collect...

Thanx again

siberian

#11 ·
Andrie, do you happen to know whether the CENTER part of the front bumper is separate and can be removed without dealing with the sides? I am interested in removing the center part below the license plate, cut out that plastic webbing and add some rectangular off road lights. I don't mind removing the louvers and VW emblem as part of the center. Just hope I don't have to remove the sides
TIA

siberian

#13 ·
Andrie et al;

The middle (chrome) part of the assembly does indeed come off separately. HOWEVER there are some discrepancies between what the ElsaWin instructions outline and reality - as far as a 2008 Treg go.

When I have time I'll do a write up. Nothing major but some screws aren't there etc.

siberian

#16 ·
Where are you pulling these diagrams from? Like what site can I visit? Would these help me for my 2010 North American model Touareg TDI? I'm trying to replace the high and low tone horns and it seems it requires the removal of the whole bumper. Dealer quoted me $600 for the job.

I bought a pair of used OEM horns from an 04 Touareg and if I can just find a local collission shop to do the labor only for around $300 or less, I'll do it.

I see so many instructions online and on Youtube for doing this job with the T1 models but nothing for a T2 TDI trim.

#20 ·
Reactions: TurboABA
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.