Parking sensors - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 6 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Parking sensors

Sorry if this has been covered before. Ive just got myself a touareg 2.5 tdi 04 plate. Parking sensors haven't worked since I got it. Has a tow bar, not sure if this effects sensors or not. I can hear clicking from all the rear sensors so I believe they are all working OK. I can not hear anything from the front, even when I swap one I know to be working on the rear to the front. It's like there is no power to the front sensors. When I turn the ignition o. I get a beep from the parking system, the display goes green then stays on solid red(on the ends) on the front and the rear. I'm waiting for my vcds to arrive, just looking for potential answers. Also, if the front sensors are not working should the rear still work? Thanks for reading and any help would be amazing. Again I'm sorry if this has been covered, I've searched but not seen anything. Cheers again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 3 Weeks Ago
Touareg Guru

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: 2004 V6
Garage
From this discussion, it appears that a fault normally disables both the front and rear sensors.

I agree with you that your problem is almost certain to be in the front, but we will need the vcds scan to go forward.

forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?12874-VW-Parking-sensors-fault
post #3 of 6 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. Should have my vcds reader by Monday so I'll have a look then. I'm thinking wiring issue so hopefully the reader will confirm. Is it possible that the pdc unit is faulty or would I not be getting any lights or beep? Also I haven't used the vcds before so will it say all front sensors are faulty if there is a loom issue at the front? Im going to take off the front bumper while I wait for it to turn up and strip the front loom to see anything suspect, if I'm not getting any front sensors working though I'm going to assume there's a fault between the distance control unit and the front plug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 3 Weeks Ago
Touareg Guru

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: 2004 V6
Garage
If you are going to pull off the front bumper, you can check all the plugs plus check the sensors for damage. If the plug in connectors all look good and you have extra time, you can use an ohm meter to check the wiring.
post #5 of 6 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

So Ive scanned the system now. I have (potentially) 3 faults, 3 of the front sensors. I haven't taken the bumper off yet to check the wiring, my next step is to swap the sensors around and see if the fault codes reflect this before buying 3 new sensors. I'm still not convinced the 3 sensors are the issue, I may be wrong but I would expect to still here the "clicking" from the supposedly working sensors but I get nothing. The rear are all fine, I'll have the bumper off tomorrow so hopefully get a bit further with this problem.
post #6 of 6 Old 2 Weeks Ago
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2004 V6
Second Vehicle: Still looking
I'm noticing the same behaviour => one sensor puts the whole system down. I've already put in some new sensors (aliexpress) and they are now off the list of malfunctionning sensors but I still have to replace a few more. Will update when all sensors are in. If the sensors are in and the system is still out I'll go for a used parktronic module off ebay. senors are 5 each on aliexpress by the ay, tested by tuareg owners. no sure how long they will last but they definitely are a good troubleshooting option instead of the 100$ ones from the dealer.

Now 10$ but you can get pack or 4 for 20$. just read the feedback to see if someone tested them on a porsche or treg.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32584550235.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32852652347.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode