Oil extraction is possible on the T3 CNRB V6 TDI - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 13 Old 03-23-2019 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Oil extraction is possible on the T3 CNRB V6 TDI

Happy to report that oil extraction - using an Exide 15L extractor and the skinniest tube it came with - worked perfectly and quickly, so Oil extraction is possible on the T3 CNRB V6 TDI. I got the extractor and oil kit at idparts - it was a great deal. I had previously tried to extract using my old 15 year old mityvac 7201 and was left frustrated - I guess I was not reaching the bottom.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-24-2019
Touareg Enthusiast

Second Vehicle: is jealous
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselGator View Post
Happy to report that oil extraction - using an Exide 15L extractor and the skinniest tube it came with - worked perfectly and quickly, so Oil extraction is possible on the T3 CNRB V6 TDI. I got the extractor and oil kit at idparts - it was a great deal. I had previously tried to extract using my old 15 year old mityvac 7201 and was left frustrated - I guess I was not reaching the bottom.
Oil extraction is very handy and is probably mentioned over in the TDI section a few times: https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f93/

Picture of the Schwaben doing its job. Mine is only 6.5L so I have the empty it once during the process. Very happy with the process.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190321_155910.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	798.2 KB
ID:	221961   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190321_155921.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	746.2 KB
ID:	221963  

2014 Touareg Exec TDi - Black on Black - Purchased 2/2019 with 60k mi. Mods: Splash Guards and some coding so far. Own ODBeleven and VCDS HEX-V2

"Life is not about how you handle the straight aways. It is about how you handle the corners." TreadLightly
post #3 of 13 Old 03-24-2019

I bought an extractor from the same folks and tried it. It didn't work even tho oil was plenty warmed up. I ended up just dropping it from underneath like normal. Any tricks to using that thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 03-24-2019
Touareg Enthusiast

Second Vehicle: is jealous
Garage
This was the first time using mine. I just pushed the tube all the way until it wouldn't go any further and then pulled it back an inch or so. All connections must be tight because even a small leak will cause you to lose vacuum. I only had to pump mine about 6 times and the oil started flowing. Then I stopped pumping and let the vacuum do its job.

For troubleshooting: Try pumping it with nothing in it. Feel how light or easy it is. If you stick the tube down in the oil and it is still that easy then you have a major leak or you are not in the oil. The pump should require a little more effort since you are building vacuum.

Hope that helps.

2014 Touareg Exec TDi - Black on Black - Purchased 2/2019 with 60k mi. Mods: Splash Guards and some coding so far. Own ODBeleven and VCDS HEX-V2

"Life is not about how you handle the straight aways. It is about how you handle the corners." TreadLightly
post #5 of 13 Old 03-24-2019

Trdltly, I appreciate it, thank you
post #6 of 13 Old 03-24-2019 Thread Starter

I pretty much do the same as trdltly does - with this extractor there were 2 diameter extensions - I used the thinner one and push it until it did not go any further and maybe come up a smidge - I was worried the thin extension was not going to be long enough it came pretty close to where it connects to the thicker diameter - within inches. Also mine was up on ramps at the time - in case I could not get the goal of about 8 qts. I did not pull the plug but did measure the volume, and I got it all and could hear the tell tale bottom suction sounds I am used to after years of doing topsides on my Z3 for years - after adding 8 qts the electric gauge showed full.

Yes, topside is great - especially when the filter is on top - so easy and mess free.

This extractor is nice, it has a gauge, large capacity 15L, and pretty easy to disconnect to empty..
post #7 of 13 Old 03-27-2019

Touareg: 2015 V6 TDI
Iíve now tried with my mityvac a second time without success. Getting a 4 post lift installed next week for storage but will make getting to the drain plug a piece of cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Touareg Lux TDI

Previous:
2003 Jetta TDI (died after 342k miles) but engine still strong
post #8 of 13 Old 03-27-2019 Thread Starter

I just went and checked the tube size of the mityvac - it is not as thin -diameter- as the thinnest/smallest diameter Exide tube- the mityvac diameter tube looks like it was the next diameter bigger (The Exide has the main tube and 2 different diameter extension tubes) - so perhaps it's the diameter of the tube?
post #9 of 13 Old 03-27-2019

Touareg: 2003 V8
Do you have a link for the Exide extractor? My Google skills must be lacing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #10 of 13 Old 03-27-2019
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2011 V6 TDI
Thanks DieselGator. How much oil (liters) did you extract?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode