O6 V10 TDI Oil Leak - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 6 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

O6 V10 TDI Oil Leak

Has any V10 owner experienced an oil leak in the valley of the engine? Both times I've been in there trying to track it down theres a large pool of oil under where the alternator sits. I've replaced just about every oil orifice I could think of in there. I'm wondering if anyone knows if the seal where the alternator gear meets the engine block could cause this? If so is it even replaceable with the engine in the car. It looks like I could get the gear off im just afraid it may mess up the timing pulling the bolt out. The seal is like 30 bucks at the dealer but he asked the technicians and none of them had any idea about changing it. In the picture its the pully gear that mates with the rubber coupling coming off the alternator. Any advice would be appreciated. I'll also be posting a DIY in the near future of walnut shell blasting these nasty looking intake ports, every single one of them has probably an 1/8" of carbon build up on the ports and valves and its causing me to have misfires and horrendous fuel economy (at least im hoping so).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190615_193738_1561641008945.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	581.2 KB
ID:	224035   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190615_195550_1561641270574.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	211.4 KB
ID:	224037  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 2 Weeks Ago
Touareg Mechanic

Is that the BKW engine? What year? Doesn’t look like what I remember from my generator replacement last year. Your oil filter stand is not leaking is it? My drive seal was in great condition at 120k. You would need to buy the installer tool. Even so it is a bear to get all the way in. Be sure to protect the pressure switch on your left from wayward hammer blows!

2006 V10 TDI Reflex Silver/Anthracite w/Monster Mats, Cargo Shell, Nokian WRG2's, Telestart T91 and VCDS
post #3 of 6 Old 2 Weeks Ago
Multiple v10tdi owner

Touareg: 2004 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2004 V10 TDI
Garage
07Z 198 389

This is the o-rings that need to be replaced.

3 V10TDI's: (2)2004 Black/Black, Silver/Black and 2004 V10TDI in 1990 Corvette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgibson View Post
Is that the BKW engine? What year? Doesn’t look like what I remember from my generator replacement last year. Your oil filter stand is not leaking is it? My drive seal was in great condition at 120k. You would need to buy the installer tool. Even so it is a bear to get all the way in. Be sure to protect the pressure switch on your left from wayward hammer blows!
Yes sir its the BKW. Im pretty confident the oil filter housing is not the culprit due to the large pool of oil sitting under the alternator. If it was leaking I dont see how it could go over that metal divider. It would just bleed around the side of the oil filter housing and down the front of the block. Here is a excellent drawing of what im 90% sure is happening lol. But I've replaced the banjo bolt and and crush washers to both of those turbo feed lines and a new oil pressure switch so I've all but eliminated those as the source. I suppose the only other culprit could be where the oil cooler is located on the oil filter housing just under where the oil filler neck is. Ive replaced the rubber gasket on the filler neck also. Do you know the part # for that seal installation tool or what it even looks like? I dont have a repair manual readily available to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190627_130440_1561655267412.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	570.5 KB
ID:	224041  
post #5 of 6 Old 2 Weeks Ago
Multiple v10tdi owner

Touareg: 2004 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2004 V10 TDI
Garage
Go to the dealer with the part number I gave you and ask for a picture

3 V10TDI's: (2)2004 Black/Black, Silver/Black and 2004 V10TDI in 1990 Corvette
post #6 of 6 Old 2 Weeks Ago
Touareg Mechanic

T 10208A on the tool
Make sure itís not the oil cooler first.

2006 V10 TDI Reflex Silver/Anthracite w/Monster Mats, Cargo Shell, Nokian WRG2's, Telestart T91 and VCDS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode