New Owner of 2010 Touareg TDI - Questions - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 17 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2015 Hybrid
Second Vehicle: Still looking
New Owner of 2010 Touareg TDI - Questions

Just picked up a really nice 2010 TDI thatís White with Beige two-tone interior. Has 83k miles, loaded with Dynaudio and Air Suspension. Or at least I think itís loaded??

1) Horn stopped working completely. Nothing happens when pushing on horn. Hoping itís just burnt fuse but others in forums saying itís probably the actual trumpet piece and involves bumper removal. I donít want to be spending hundreds of dollars right off the bat just for a freaking HORN! Lol

2) Creaking sound developed in last hour of my 10 hour drive from MI to DC. This sound is right in the left rear above LR passenger door frame interior side. Sounds like knocks, creaks, or stretches of some sort.

3) Does passenger side view mirror not tilt down on reverse?

4) phone pairs with RNS 510 no problem but only streams phone calls. Not music or other audio. Am I doing something wrong?

5) can you switch air suspension ride setting while driving at hwy speeds?

6) While driving on the highway, I put the shifter into shiftronic mode to shift up/down myself but not a dang thing happens. It doesnít even work. Something specific to TDIs or is mine broken?

Other than that, I love this truck way more than my 2015 Hybrid I just sold besides the fact I will miss the Adaptive Cruise, Blind Spot Monitor, and Memory Seating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 1 Week Ago
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
1 - others have told you to squirt with WD-40 as a low cost attempt
2 - if you can't located the source being in the vehicle, how do you expect us to do it based on some flaky vague description.... dig into it and get more detail
3 - I recall reading that you need certain modules on some model years.... do you have folding mirrors, memory seats, etc?
4 - can't help
5 - can't help
6 - does it function as expect when driving through town or at lower speeds?
post #3 of 17 Old 1 Week Ago
The Moderator!

Touareg: 2010 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABerri007 View Post
Just picked up a really nice 2010 TDI thatís White with Beige two-tone interior. Has 83k miles, loaded with Dynaudio and Air Suspension. Or at least I think itís loaded??

1) Horn stopped working completely. Nothing happens when pushing on horn. Hoping itís just burnt fuse but others in forums saying itís probably the actual trumpet piece and involves bumper removal. I donít want to be spending hundreds of dollars right off the bat just for a freaking HORN! Lol

2) Creaking sound developed in last hour of my 10 hour drive from MI to DC. This sound is right in the left rear above LR passenger door frame interior side. Sounds like knocks, creaks, or stretches of some sort.

3) Does passenger side view mirror not tilt down on reverse?

4) phone pairs with RNS 510 no problem but only streams phone calls. Not music or other audio. Am I doing something wrong?

5) can you switch air suspension ride setting while driving at hwy speeds?

6) While driving on the highway, I put the shifter into shiftronic mode to shift up/down myself but not a dang thing happens. It doesnít even work. Something specific to TDIs or is mine broken?

Other than that, I love this truck way more than my 2015 Hybrid I just sold besides the fact I will miss the Adaptive Cruise, Blind Spot Monitor, and Memory Seating.

1. They are dead and need replaced. Bumper cover does need to be removed.

2. No idea, need to look into it. Could have been in an accident and not repaired right.

3. No, it doesn't, part of the decontent with '09-'10's.

4. All the RNS 510 does with a phone. Can't use it for music.

5. You can, but why would you want to? Better off adjusting dampening which adjust height to a point.

6. Yours apparently does not work, but that being said it does not allow you to select a gear that will rev it too high. Try it off highway and see if it works.

2010 Alaska Grey/Anthracite V6 TDI- Lux,Tech, Air and Hitch
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

04 Offroad Grey V6, gone, but will never be forgotten.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboABA View Post
1 - others have told you to squirt with WD-40 as a low cost attempt

2 - if you can't located the source being in the vehicle, how do you expect us to do it based on some flaky vague description.... dig into it and get more detail

3 - I recall reading that you need certain modules on some model years.... do you have folding mirrors, memory seats, etc?

4 - can't help

5 - can't help

6 - does it function as expect when driving through town or at lower speeds?

1) Will try this with my local mechanic

2) sounds like movement in B-Pillar movement in door frame area of left rear door. Iíll get it inspected further.

3) Donít think 2010 model years come with folding mirrors or memory seats. Or at least Iíve never seen a 2010 equipped with them. Correct me if Iím wrong.

6) No it doesnít work at any speeds at all. Iíll have to get it checked out although I will probably never have a need for it but still would want to get it fixed.

post #5 of 17 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
1. They are dead and need replaced. Bumper cover does need to be removed.

2. No idea, need to look into it. Could have been in an accident and not repaired right.

3. No, it doesn't, part of the decontent with '09-'10's.

4. All the RNS 510 does with a phone. Can't use it for music.

5. You can, but why would you want to? Better off adjusting dampening which adjust height to a point.

6. Yours apparently does not work, but that being said it does not allow you to select a gear that will rev it too high. Try it off highway and see if it works.

1) Gonna order the parts anyways and have new ones installed.

2) Gonna check out B-Pillar area and see if thatís the source.

3) Anywhere in the forums or online where I can find everything they removed or added as options compared to previous model years?

5) Need to learn more about using Air Suspension properly and how not to mess it up.

6) Yea it doesnít work at all. Got to get it checked out.

post #6 of 17 Old 1 Week Ago
The Moderator!

Touareg: 2010 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABerri007 View Post
1) Gonna order the parts anyways and have new ones installed.

2) Gonna check out B-Pillar area and see if thatís the source.

3) Anywhere in the forums or online where I can find everything they removed or added as options compared to previous model years?

5) Need to learn more about using Air Suspension properly and how not to mess it up.

6) Yea it doesnít work at all. Got to get it checked out.

1. Unless you feel comfortable taking things apart I would get a garage to do it. Clips break on older cars, let the mechanic be responsible for those imo. You can't see the horns at all on these. Trust me, I looked before I had mine replaced.

2. Definitely give that a look.

3. No memory seats, no tilt in reverse, no folding mirrors, no rear heated seats or rear climate control. I think that is it.

4. Air suspension does not need to be adjusted while driving. The two selections for higher height are more for off-road use, not really on road. Xttra is definitely for off road use and will ride like crap as well as limit your speed to I think 45mph. Load level is just for that, to lower the car for loading on the roof, rear hatch area and allowing easier access. You can't drive in that mode. It will raise to normal height after you exceed 5 mph.

5. Hopefully nothing serious on the tiptronic and can be an easy fix.

2010 Alaska Grey/Anthracite V6 TDI- Lux,Tech, Air and Hitch

04 Offroad Grey V6, gone, but will never be forgotten.
post #7 of 17 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

So I took it to Arlington Auto Care and apparently every time they hooked up my car to their scanners to diagnose the horn issue, it would freeze their computers and theyíve never had this happen before. They even have the latest scanning equipment that they use for all new model cars. They requested I take it to the dealership for further diagnosis and to make sure all electrical systems are in proper order. Perhaps a glitch in my electrical system is freezing their computers?

Also, I was just going to order the high and low tone horns for a 2010 Porsche Cayenne and install those instead of the Touareg part numbers.

Lastly, Iím trying to find a new Android Radio DVD Nav System and you can easily come across many of them on eBay but they all have this side note saying ďwill not work with cars that have DynaudioĒ. So Iím wondering if anyone here can point me to any threads where someone installed an Android system on their Dynaudio equipped Touareg.

Thank you everyone!

post #8 of 17 Old 1 Week Ago
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
post #9 of 17 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Wow thank you very much!

post #10 of 17 Old 6 Days Ago Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

How do I make a squeaking sound go away when putting down or up the window? The drivers front window squeaks loudly all the way down and up.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode