Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2010 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: is jealous
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboABA View Post

I went to auto parts store today and bought this exact thing and it worked!! Thank you sir! Youíve been super helpful.

Would you happen to know why I get a creaking sound when I change the settings in air suspension? For example:

Changed from Auto to Sport, front lowers very smoothly and quietly. Then rear starts to lower and it does so in a creak, creak, creak sound fashion as its being lowered.

Drove it around in Sport Suspension mode all day today and loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010 Touareg TDI Campenella White / St. Tropez Beige
--PREVIOUS TOUAREG:
2015 Hybrid White on Beige, Sold it at 31K Miles.
post #13 of 17 Old 1 Week Ago
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Dried out suspension bushings\pivots would be the fist place I'd look...... crawl under it and see how rusted\dried\gummed up your stuff is at all these points. Up here in polar bear land, we oil spray our stuff all the time to keep things from binding. You can get all sorts of lubricants and dry film spray stuff that you could easily squirt on your components to make things silent again (keep it off your brake stuff).

This all assume that you don't have any worn out parts.... which if you do, you'll need to have replaced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 Old 6 Days Ago Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboABA View Post
Dried out suspension bushings\pivots would be the fist place I'd look...... crawl under it and see how rusted\dried\gummed up your stuff is at all these points. Up here in polar bear land, we oil spray our stuff all the time to keep things from binding. You can get all sorts of lubricants and dry film spray stuff that you could easily squirt on your components to make things silent again (keep it off your brake stuff).

This all assume that you don't have any worn out parts.... which if you do, you'll need to have replaced.

Taking it to VW Dealer here and they will charge me $150 for complete diagnosis on why horn isnít working (will most likely be actual horn components), why Tiptronic isnít working (I think itís magnets underneath shifter broke off), and the creaking which I think they should be willing to spray the components for me at no charge. Was quoted $600 if I need both high/low tone horns and yea Iím not having them do it.

Once I get it up to VW and have it looked over, Iíll do an update here.

--PREVIOUS TOUAREG:
post #15 of 17 Old 6 Days Ago Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

New Owner of 2010 Touareg TDI - Questions

I want to post a few pictures I took this past weekend. Iíve been driving my truck around now for 2 weeks and I keep noticing small blemishes or things missing/ruined.

Nothing crazy but more just small annoyances that Iíd like to fix and renew over time as I love this Touareg 1000x more than my 2015 Hybrid I just sold. So please bare with me lol and if you have any input, advice, feedback, or suggestions please let me know.

To start things off, I feel like the AC fan doesnít blow as strong out of the very far left vent between steering wheel and window. Even when I have it on fan speed 6, itís still very weak. All other vents blow strong but only in speeds 5 or 6. Below 5 all vents suck in terms of blowing power.

My biggest annoyance is when I rest my arm on the arm rest, it constantly creaks as pressure is applied or removed.

Where can I get a new one of these? Easy to swap out?

Same thing. New one as those worn out blemishes annoy me.

This pic below is missing that black bar at the bottom. Collision shop probably forgot to replace it back in 2014 when it was involved in an accident.

Notice the back door area has it and not missing that black strip.

Totally worn out window frames. Probably not worth replacing or is there a product I can use? Otherwise Iím ignoring this.

There is a gap where the windshield meets the top roof of the car. Is there a strip missing?

How to repair scratches like this below?

Do I buy a special glue for this piece not properly attached?

These pictures below are just for further observations Iíve made. Production date is Jan 2010. Is this a later variant where quirks would have been ironed out for the 2010 model year or would it have been in later months of 2010?

--PREVIOUS TOUAREG:
post #16 of 17 Old 6 Days Ago
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: 2013 V6 TDI
https://parts.vw.com/
I use the above site to look up parts that I need. Then google the part number to see who else has the part for cheaper.

06 Touareg V8
13 Touareg Lux TDI
post #17 of 17 Old 6 Days Ago Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWRalf View Post
https://parts.vw.com/
I use the above site to look up parts that I need. Then google the part number to see who else has the part for cheaper.
Thanks for that tip/reminder! Already checking it out and finding what I need here and there. Jim Ellis VW in Atlanta is always the cheapest in the country.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode