Club Touareg Forum banner

need help

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  AndrieK 
#1 ·
hi all
i need help in touarge 2004 there is sound sometime come when i turn lift or right and workshop told me there is unit in rear diffransh need replace this happened any all 2004 and give me part no. 0AB341601
it,s not avalibal here i need to know how i can have it and how much
if i didn,t replace it there is prablom

#3 ·
Sounds like he may be talking about a stepper motor, but not sure. Hopefully he can be a little clearer on what it is he needs.

#4 · (Edited)
The part number given is for the stepper motor on the REAR diff. I've never heard of anyone having issues with this motor. I have an '04 with a locking rear diff and mine still works perfectly after 116,000km.

Since it's not a very common option on the Touareg, the only place where you'll find that part is at the dealer.

The diff is made by ZF, so you could maybe try your luck at a local ZF distributor.

It sounds like it's locking the rear diff when it's not supposed to. If you don't have it replaced, it will eventually destroy the rear diff. However, I think you should be able to just unplug the motor on the diff to stop it from working. It'll save the diff but it'll probably throw some drivetrain error codes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.