Club Touareg Forum banner

Loading fishing rods through rear seat arm rest!

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  raimiz 
#1 ·
I thought I saw something that allowed the panel behind the rear seat arm rest to fold down so long object (fishing rods) could be inserted without laying the rear seats down. Now I cannot find where I saw this.

Was I dreaming?????? or What????

#2 ·
I bet you are thinking of the ski opening that comes with the cold weather package. It lets you slide skis through the middle of the rear arm rest and contains a waterproof sleeve to keep snow off the seats. I don't have it on my Treg but my Cayenne has one.

#4 ·
I have the ski bag holder in my V6, and I am afraid to pull it out to use it because, as was said, it would be a PITA to get it back in.

I almost never have rear passengers, so no big deal.

#7 ·
I have one in mine, and I had one in an 87 5000s - its wasn't that bad to get back in - the trick was to pull it out taut and flat roll it - not a perfect tight circle roll, but a floppy one that allowed the roll ot take up the whole opening - Im probably rather badly understood - sorry.

-Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.