Club Touareg Forum banner

Lambda sensor

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ColinDawson 
#1 ·
Recently the sensor warning light has come on (yellow engine icon, not flashing) I spoke to the garage and they said bring the car in for a check but if it goes out just cancel the booking. Two days later it went out. It had now come back on. Could it have something to do with the brand of diesel fuel I've been filling it with?

Vehicle is 2008 V6

#6 ·
I have an update on this warning light

I was talking to a mechanic who had bought a 3.0 V6 TDI for his wife which had the same warning light come on. He contacted someone in VW who said it is a common problem with this engine and the fix (?) is to replace the inlet valve as it is the flap controlling the fuel/air mixture that is sticking. Unfortunately the part costs over £500+labour. Even if you do replace the part there is no guarantee it will not happen again. Connecting the diag machine gives an error code about 'bank 2' (can't recall exact msg).

The car is drivable with this light on and it will go on/off for no real reason. I recently drove it 2000 miles on holiday a lot of which was European motorways so it will have had a good clear-out but it came on and went off while we were away. Didn't notice any lack of response from the engine at all, in fact it now feels more responsive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.