Club Touareg Forum banner

Just Got Mine and Love It

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Bigspence 
#1 ·
I owe credit to this site for helping me make a decission on my new purchase.... the site is packed with really good info and advice.
kind of a long story.. After moving out of NYC to the burbs, I got hit with 3 snow storms since December and got stuck 2 time in my own drive way.. so... Since I dont want to rely on digging out my driveway and being late or missing work every time it snows.. forget plowing.. just drive over it with a 4x4 of some sort.. I looked into the merc g500 and the Treg... Loved the comfort and updates in the Treg., and decided on it last last week.. well, as luck would have it, it snowd 14" on monday, ( first time since a kid i was looking forward to snow) and drove down the drive way with a grin from ear to ear... what a car.. i mean Truck... what ever...
HIGHLY advise any one in the SUV market to try one out.. and if your considering it.. get it now before VW figures out what they really have and jack up the price :) ... take care, and look forward to reading more interesting bits on this site :D

#2 ·
GREAT STORY! 8)

Welcome aboard!

#3 ·
Welcome aboard,
I am glad that you too have found the youth connection between the TReg and the snow. Its a great feeling playing in the snow. I am looking forward to the summer so i can try some off-roading. I never felt this way in a Jeep or Explorer...
I hope you enjoy your time behind the wheel

#4 ·
Awesome! Congratulations and welcome to the Club Touareg family.

I'm glad we could be of help to you when deciding on whether or not to buy the Touareg. I hope your experience with the vehicle is nothing but pure happiness.

Hopefully you'll continue to be an active Club Touareg member. :mrgreen:

Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Note: I will be moving this topic from Touareg Reviews to the General Touareg Discussion, as the Reviews category is for short terms (3k+ miles) and long term ownership reviews. :wink:

#5 ·
Great Decision! Now how about rewarding some of us for that advice by sending the snow our way. Somehow the 1 1/2 " last week just didn't cut it!

Happy Trails

#6 ·
Tregging in the snow

I love it when it snows :p and I'm out there just toling around. We've had 3 snows here since I got my T-reg with another batch coming tomorrow. :lol: Too bad I have to snowblow the driveway for my wife's Passat. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.