Help! VCDS Fault Codes 05 V8 T-Reg - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 11 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2005 V8
Help! VCDS Fault Codes 05 V8 T-Reg

I've had my my T-Reg for a good 10 years with some on and off drive but nothing major. The other day I experienced something that I haven't experience since own my 05 T-Reg. Fault running gear symbol. I was pretty much stuck in traffic when the symbol came on. I scoured the forums but couldn't find a solution except ask someone to scan my car with a VAG com.. me being new to this, It took me a bit to find out what that was and being a tech, it was a gadget i had to have..so I went and got me a ross tech hex-v2 and did my first scan... I just need help deciphering all these fault codes and see which one is the cause and if its something I can get a part and have a mechanic change easily or am i looking at something that requires a trip to the dealer.. Ive included my report and if someone pin point or explain some..the radio, i know about because its an aftermarket andriod...

Thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VCDS Auto-Scan Printout-WVGMM77L35D070943.pdf (20.5 KB, 17 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 2 Weeks Ago
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2008 R5 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
You've a lot of minor faults that would need to be addressed, too, but the one that's causing the running gear fault is the one about the N339 valve, which hinders your rear right air suspension in working properly. Either this valve is bad or there's some issue with the wiring going to that. Or in the worst case the control module is bad. An experienced mechanic will be able to find out which one. Of course you can also try to have valve replaced up front, but that might or might not solve your problem.

As for the repair: suspension repair already needs special tools and equipment not necessarily present in all shops, but air suspension is a special beast on top of that, that would require someone familiar with them and having the appropriate VW tools to complete the job properly. Independent shops might have these tools and knowledge too, but don't just take the car to any garage, because if they have no clue what they're doing then in the best case they'll just fail to repair, but in the worst case they'll do major damage to your car when attempting to repair it anyway.
post #3 of 11 Old 2 Weeks Ago
Touareg Guru

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: 2004 V6
Garage
Any good AUDI indie mechanic will already know all about the Touareg Air Suspension. Look for a good local shop that works on high end German (audi/bmw) cars. They should be able to handle it. The only thing unique about the air shocks is that they were stuck on a lowly Touareg or Phaeton.

Frankly, I always thought of air shocks as pretty low tech devices. If you learn how they work and think the problem thru, there is really a very limited number of things to replace or check.

People just overthink the situation and make it more complicated in their heads then the problem actually is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Ok, I have another question that's been getting at me... can someone confirm this one?

00907 - Intervention load Management

000 -

I've been told that this a battery issue and that will need to be soon replaced. If that's the case, I will need to go back to the dealer and complain about it because they had supposedly changed it and charged me $500 back in December. Do I go back to the dealer and say, I scanned my car and this is the part you said was replaced..as I'm writing this, I have a copy of the receipt which shows that replaced.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
post #5 of 11 Old 1 Week Ago
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
It all depends on the circumstances that lead up to the load management kicking in....
Did you leave some power consumers on to have this code pop up? Was the vehicle sitting parked for a long time? etc.
If you're just getting the code because the vehicle steps in to save you from being stranded, it's not the battery's fault..... if the battery doesn't hold its charge under normal circumstances, then yes, go press the dealer.
post #6 of 11 Old 1 Week Ago
Touareg Mechanic

I just looked at your scan.... it would seem that you have all sorts of electrical codes and potential issues.... have you cleared them all and investigated\addressed the ones that come back? If you have components or circuit that are shorting our or that have a constant drain on your battery, you can't really bark to the dealer about it...... and battery, new or old will still get drained by those problems.
post #7 of 11 Old 1 Week Ago
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2008 R5 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by suave6565 View Post
Ok, I have another question that's been getting at me... can someone confirm this one?

00907 - Intervention load Management

000 -

I've been told that this a battery issue and that will need to be soon replaced. If that's the case, I will need to go back to the dealer and complain about it because they had supposedly changed it and charged me $500 back in December. Do I go back to the dealer and say, I scanned my car and this is the part you said was replaced..as I'm writing this, I have a copy of the receipt which shows that replaced.
Your battery voltage seems fine in the scan, I don't think there's any problem with that. You might possibly want to be tested, but just by looking at the voltages it seems to be fine. And load management faults can have several other reasons than a dying battery, including electrical problems with virtually any consumer in the system, bad alternator, you forgetting and leaving the lights on, or not closing the doors properly which might hinder the system in going to sleep mode, etc.

Also, the fact that the battery was replaced half a year ago doesn't necessarily mean that you'd have a valid warranty claim even then if your battery would be really on its way out. That's because the battery can be killed even in this short time by electrical issues, which you obviously seem to have, by too deep discharge or by for ex. a faulty alternator. Which obviously would not be the fault of the supplier or the manufacturer of the battery.

Not saying that you definitely wouldn't have a valid claim (and as said, your battery seems to be fine, just by going by the voltage anyway), just that things are not always that straightforward as you think them to be.
post #8 of 11 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

I haven't cleared it as yet. I actually recently recieved scanner and started scanning.

As for the electrical, I noticed the one for the license plate light was in the report..I did change the lights to LEDs and since, I have getting the indicator come up when I start the light, its quickly resolved by turning off the headlights and back on. Not sure if that would cause issues with others but if I need to get the regular lights, the so be it. Another thing is the radio..now I did recently upgraded to a chinese andriod radio. I previously had one for several years but that got outdated and started to slow down. Both were purchased by carnavi.com from Allen Wong who frequents this forum and has had great customer service. So some of the codes I can see coming up because the original radio is not installed.. I haven't had any issues.

post #9 of 11 Old 1 Week Ago
Touareg Mechanic

Random stuff.....

What is it that you're asking us for help with? How is Allen these days? I too have a friend named Allen.... Al for short.
post #10 of 11 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboABA View Post
Random stuff.....

What is it that you're asking us for help with? How is Allen these days? I too have a friend named Allen.... Al for short.
Comedian, I like that..I was basically asking what the codes meant and if it was something that I had to worry about.. the main one was the one that gave me the fault engine workshop which another user was able to pin point for me. There have been a few members that were able to chime in and make sense of my report.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode