Club Touareg Forum banner

Fitting a remote for the parking heater in a T3

12K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  HerrDoc 
#1 ·
After searching for days on the internet for a solution to this problem without finding an answer I decided to solve it myself. And posting it here for others who face a similar problem.

I converted my aux. heater in my 2011 3.0 to a parking heater with VCDS. I also bought a remote kit (Eberspacher Aux Parking Remote Control Kit - Touareg 7P6 - Transporter 7E0) from vagtec.co.uk. I had checked the sticker on the doorframe to confirm that the unit was an Eberspacher.

A cable, a box, a remote and an antenna was delivered, but no instructions on how to use it.

For the T2 there is some info on the internet, and it suggested to connect the cable to the PIN 1 on the heater. So I dismantled the wheel arc lining and pulled of the connector. But PIN 1 was already populated. Only 3 and 6 was available. Due to the high outdoor temperature, and my confusion, my feeble attempts to try first pin 3 and then pin 6 did not succeed.

Then my searching the internet continued without any more luck.

So in a moment of clarity I fired up ElsaWin and started to look for any wiring diagrams. And lo and behold, I found what I came looking for.

As you can see, PIN 6 (T6ai/6) is the right pin on the connector on the heater for the cable from the remote box (T6ak/5).

J364 is the heater itself
R11 is the antenna
SC27 is 12V+
478 is ground
T6ai is the 6 pin connector under the wheel arc lining.
R149 is the remote control box.
T6ak is the connector on the remote control box.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
A little work with VCDS is needed, I got a "fuel low" error before I did this (the tank not even close to empty, ¾++).

08 Auto HVAC:
Adaption
channel:
Activation parking htr. or resid. heat w/ air quantity button
old - Residual heat
new - Parking heater

After changing to "Parking heater" the remote turned on the Parking Heater.

#3 ·
Thank You. This is a great post for the T3 users.

#7 ·
I have the same residual eberspacher heater. So my question is, does it have circulating pump? because many cars that has only residual heater doesnt have coolant circulating pump, so you cannot just activate parking heater mode as it needs some new parts?
And also i have a question, after activating that parking heater mode, can you set the time when it should start heating on RNS850? or only you can start by the remote?
thanks.

#8 ·
I believe the eberspacher fires up to quickly heat the engine on cold days. Below 10 C in triggers the heater, adjustable in VCDS.

There is a pump in mine, from the residual heat mode I guess. And I can set the timer on the RNS850 for the heater.

#11 ·
Is there are any way to find it out if there is pump in mine? maybe VCDS shows somewhere? Because i have eberspacher , but i have no option to set the timer on.
From my notes, not written by me.

From factory this heater is used only after engine start, but its easy to make it work as a parking heater and activate timers menu in RNS.
1 In Hidden menu check option car/cardevicelist - Auxiliary Heater (RNS850)
2 set option Auxiliary Heater to 5 in car / carmenuoperation (RNS850)
3 set enabled bit 4 in byte 1 of 08-AutoHVAC module. (VCDS)
4 Then reboot the RNS850

#12 ·
The T3/4 Heaters all have a recirc pump.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.