Driver seat - Club Touareg Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fourdiesel

post #1 of 10 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Driver seat

I’m wondering if anyone else is experiencing their driver seat drifting down. I would set my seat drive my Touareg Everything Is fine seat stays in place. Once I park. Come back to drive again the seat is laid back and I have to adjust it. The more I do any stop and go running errands are if parked over night I got to adjust the drivers seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 4 Weeks Ago
Touareg Guru

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Click on User CP and update your model, year and location.

This helps people help you.

If you have a Generation 1 car with manual seat adjustment then it's your big fat bottom/thighs at fault!

It's a known issue that you brush the height lever as you exit the car.

VW used to sell a piece of plastic that you insert on the seat edge to prevent the lever moving.

Others with electric seats have the same issue and can get a better designed seat switch fitted.

VW Touareg models are as follows:
Generation 1: T1 is model 7LA & facelift T2 is model 7L6
Generation 2: T3 is model 7P5 & facelift T4 is model 7P6
Generation 3: T5 is model CR7 [Not available in "VW Atlas" North America!]
Read Wikipedia:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T1 & T2 buyers MUST read:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use Google or Bing to search by typing in: site:
followed by what you seek
post #3 of 10 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

2013 gasser
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 4 Weeks Ago
Touareg Addict

Touareg: 2004 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: Other
Do you have the seat memory set for your key? On mine, the easy entry feature automatically backs the seat to full rear position when I open the door with the key out of the ignition. When I get back in and close the door the seat doesn't return to the set position until I put the key back in.
KS56 likes this.

2008 M-B GL 320 CDI (wifes), 2000 Golf GL TDI (sold), 2004 Touareg V10 TDI (acquired 2/2011), 1984 Mitsubishi 4WD Pick Up turbodiesel (beater truck), location - SW Washington St, USA
post #5 of 10 Old 3 Weeks Ago

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Rubbish - sorry but that is a fallacy.
post #6 of 10 Old 3 Weeks Ago

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo C View Post
I’m wondering if anyone else is experiencing their driver seat drifting down. I would set my seat drive my Touareg Everything Is fine seat stays in place. Once I park. Come back to drive again the seat is laid back and I have to adjust it. The more I do any stop and go running errands are if parked over night I got to adjust the drivers seat.
I have a MY 2013 V6TDI.

Within the first year of ownership I noticed the seat was constantly moving. I am 108Kg, and figured it was just me...or as some wag has suggested my big fat BTM was the cause. However, into the second, i would find the seat flat out in the morning after garaging it for the night. I thought that strange and reviewed the switching...took to the dealer...they found nothing...ok, what's the issue? Back to the BTM thing???

However, on a longer trip (300K) I was constantly having to readjust the seat back. Took back to the dealer (v3) and they thought it would be good to leave with them overnight. I did. They would review the mechanisms...hallelujah a warranty claim. The entire seat back was replaced.

Now into year 6 and the same clicking sound is coming from the back of the seat on long trips. Sounds very like a mechanism is failing or stressed. May be time for an upgrade...the newer V8 would be good...a dream.

I am not the only Touareg driver in Canberra with the issue. A Service "adviser" told me that it was likely because of the cold weather snaps in Canberra - oh really - this i a GERMAN vehicle where it snows much more than here . Needless to say that was not impressive. Still the vehicle is one of the best things I have had for years...have had Triumph, BMW, Statesman and more, but this gives me everything I would want (except 300KW of course) and more...and my wife can even drive it (and she's < 5' and 55 Kg wringing wet).

So, I suggest taking back to the dealer and getting the seat back mechanisms resolved. Good luck.
post #7 of 10 Old 3 Weeks Ago

Touareg: 2005 V8
Garage
I still have the same problem. I have two keys to my Touareg and each of them has been programmed to the seat and the steering wheel. Once I unlock the door, the steering wheel goes all the way up and the seat goes to the lowest position and slide backward. Its meant for easier entry but I hate to adjust it every time I come to drive. I have been looking at the driver manuals on how to reset the key assignment to the seats but I've been having difficulties on resetting it.
post #8 of 10 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Thanks for the information. I didn’t think it was my big bun lol !!! I would park in in my garage and it would laid back all the way down. Mine is a 13 lux v6. I guess I will take it to the dealership to get some Solutions to correct this
post #9 of 10 Old 3 Weeks Ago
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
You sure someone isn't getting laid in your parked ride while you're not there?
post #10 of 10 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Lol if it isn’t me it better not be someone else

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode