Door problem on Toureg 2008 - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 4 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter

Door problem on Toureg 2008

Hello guys,
I bought a Touareg 2008 and I noticed that the back passenger door (driver side) has a very weird problem.
When the car is unlocked, it is working normally, but if I lock it and then unlock it, I had to pull the handle twice in order to open it.

I thought this was normal with that car (I noticed instead that only on that side is giving that issue), but in reality I discovered other very very weird things that I really don't know how to figure out.

When I drive the car for like 5-10 miles, in order to open that door I have to pull the handle several time (either from the inside or the outside) and it seems like that the more miles I do, the more time I have to pull the handle in order to open the door.

Today I discovered that if I push the door forward, after hearing a click sound, I'm able to open the door after the first try with no problem at all (from the inside it is a little bit more difficult, since I cannot push that hard backward )

I brought the car to two mechanics but both of them weren't able to help me.

What do you guys think? Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 1 Week Ago
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2004 V6
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Door problem on Toureg 2008

I think you'd better remove the door panel and get to the door latch. Chances are you have a wiring issue or the latch microswitch is going out. If you need info on how to do it just ask. I had a friend's touareg passenger door handle stuck close because the window glass slammed down on the latch plastic cover and made the cover block the bowden cable used by the door handle. Only way to solve it was to tear things down, in the right way. You will need new plastic trim clips because you're going to break some. You might get away with just cleaning the door latch once you get it out. If the latch is bad you can get a replacement for less than 30$. But your only way to fix this thing right is to open it.

Latch explained

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 Old 1 Week Ago
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2004 V6
Second Vehicle: Still looking
And the microswitch issue:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 1 Week Ago
Touareg Guru

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: 2004 V6
Garage
The only two things I can think of is that the switch mechanism is acting up (see above) or...

Quote:
Today I discovered that if I push the door forward, after hearing a click sound, I'm able to open the door after the first try with no problem at all (from the inside it is a little bit more difficult, since I cannot push that hard backward )
Is the door slightly out of alignment?

Your best bet might be show it to a good body shop and demonstrate the push the door to open. Any good body shop will be experts on proper door alignment and should be able to either fix or rule that issue out.

If it is not the door alignment, you can either troubleshoot the door mechanism (as above) or just get a new or used replacement.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode