7P HVAC Noise Issue - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 3 Old 05-29-2019 Thread Starter

7P HVAC Noise Issue

Hello all, I'm having a weird issue with our 2013 and was hoping someone might have an idea. I am getting a whistle/whine from the HVAC system. It has nothing to do with the actual AC, or engine. The noise happens with he car on/off, moving/sitting still.

The noise does change with fan speed, and changes a little if I play with the vents. I can change the direction of air flow (front/feet/top) and it does not matter. The other weird part is, it only happens when it's warm. It went away during the winter...

I am thinking fan blower motor, BUT, the noise sounds very central in the dash. I even changed the cabin air filter, and the noise does not sound like it is coming from the blower. So I'm stumped. Tried TONs of searches here, and on Q7 and Cayanne forums with no luck.

Anybody have an idea? Greatly appreciate any help someone can offer up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-02-2019
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2005 V8
My car was at the dealer for a noisy fan while under warranty and the service guy told me they also inspected the heater box, I believe is located in the center of the dash. He called it a common problem but could not find a problem with my car at the time. I recall he talked flaps getting stuck and the remedy was to replace the box.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-09-2019 Thread Starter

Thanks for your input, man I hope that's not the case. That does sound like a big job. The other weird thing I found is the pitch of the noise changes when I open/close a door while the fan is running. This will drive me mad... haha.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode