Club Touareg Forum banner

2014 Drivers Footwell water

593 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  nickyt 
#1 ·
After going through a car wash (pressure wash) a dorp of hot water hit the right side of my ankle of the foot on the accelerator. I drove for about 10 minutes, parked for 20 minutes, and when I drove away, a larger amount of water hit the top of my foot on the accelerator pedal. That water was room temperature. When I got home, I noticed the brake pedal and shaft was wet along with the vertical carpet to the right of where my foot on the accelerator would have been. The wet area on the carpet was about 8 - 10 inches in width with nothing forward of where my ankle would have been.

Any suggestion or remedies are appreciat4ed.

#3 ·
usually the leaks are caused by clogged sunroof or plenum drains, but yours sounds like it might be from the brake booster seal at the firewall. There is a gasket between the booster and the firewall. To change the gasket you have to remove the plenum fuse box, the brake master and the booster. Or plan B to leave the booster in place and seal the top edge of the booster/firewall area with silicone RTV. Still a PITA.

#4 ·
Yes, I have the panoramic sunroof, which I have opened maybe twice since buying the vehicle new. I inspected a little closer and there was a little bit of water in the passenger side. After thinking about this for a while, the first drop of water was after the car wash and turning sharply right onto the roadway with an uneven entry. The second time I was parked and backed up and turned the wheels to the left where the vehicle tilted towards the driver side due to the pavement being uneven. Something was definitely full and my turning caused it to spill over, or it seems that way to me.

#6 ·
Thanks for letting us know what the solution was. :grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.