Unable to post - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 11 Old 11-05-2013 Thread Starter
Touareg Addict

Touareg: 2004 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: Other
Unable to post

Obviously, if you can read this I AM able to post but... a little history: PM to the system administrator - Some time ago I had difficulty posting - got message "message too short" and the message deleted itself. The problem was that I had not 'allowed' googleapis. When I allowed that site, the message ability came back. I discussed this with Janet just before she was no longer involved. Same thing is happening now, even when I 'allow' everything on your site including ajax.googleapis.com. I just reloaded Firefox and have had the problem on 3 of the 4 forums I belong to. Any ideas on how to allow me to post? __________ answered as follows via email: can i get you to make a thread about it So that I can see if other users are having the issue. Also try clearing you cookies for the site and your browser history for the site. _______ to which I answered today: I would have made a thread about except I can't post anything! I'm surprised the PM system worked - it didn't last time I had this problem. However, I think I may have discovered a 'fix'. In Firefox, under NoScript then Options (at the top) I was clicking through the advanced tabs to see if I changed anything it would help. Nothing seemed to work but then I clicked the 'reset' button - got a warning that it would reset to default settings (I didn't know I was NOT at the default settings). I clicked OK (or yes) and hooray, I was able to post. I still have no idea WHY 3 of the 4 forums I go to didn't allow me to post. It is obviously a Firefox issue but their website is no help AT ALL for this kind of question. Thanks for your quick answer. _________ I discovered since this was written that my action in resetting to the default settings caused all my previous website permissions (bank, etc etc) to be turned off and when I went back to their sites I had to give new 'permissions'. I hope it stays fixed

2008 M-B GL 320 CDI (wifes), 2000 Golf GL TDI (sold), 2004 Touareg V10 TDI (acquired 2/2011), 1984 Mitsubishi 4WD Pick Up turbodiesel (beater truck), location - SW Washington St, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-05-2013
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
I am not able to post either. I can "post reply" but that's it.
post #3 of 11 Old 11-05-2013 Thread Starter
Touareg Addict

Are you using Firefox? Might be something different though since I couldn't post ANYTHING. I had to contact the adm through the 'contact us' page where an email was sent.

2008 M-B GL 320 CDI (wifes), 2000 Golf GL TDI (sold), 2004 Touareg V10 TDI (acquired 2/2011), 1984 Mitsubishi 4WD Pick Up turbodiesel (beater truck), location - SW Washington St, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 11-05-2013
Touareg Guru

Touareg: Still looking
I hadn't realised Janet had gone!
post #5 of 11 Old 11-06-2013 Thread Starter
Touareg Addict

I never read anything official but there was chatter that led me to believe the forum was sold to a management company. Some of the Administrators are the same but I've seen only one post from Janet in the past year or two so I'm sure she is no longer as active.

post #6 of 11 Old 11-07-2013
Still Plays With Cars

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: 2006 V10 TDI
Garage
Yes, sadly Janet moved on with the change of ownership. I will discuss this with the site management but please understand that it may be unreasonable to expect us to support your request when you are are using ad blockers and script blockers to that modify your access to a site that works well for many others and effectively blocks revenue for the site owners.

// 06 V10 TDI, Reflex Silver/Teak--Loaded

// 06 V8, Campy White/Teak--Air--DVD NAV--Backup Cam--Kessy--Winter--Xenon--RDL--Factory Hitch--Dakar Offroad Front Skid Plate
// 08 27' Airstream International CCD :: Airforums.com Member - "Westfalia"
// 77 VW Transporter Westfalia P21 Weekender, 2.0L Fuel Injection, Pastel Wei/Orange Plaid--STOCK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-\ CLUB TOUAREG ADMINISTRATOR -\
Please read our Club Touareg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and our

post #7 of 11 Old 11-07-2013
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
I don't get it? I don't have any problems posting on other forums. I don't know who/what Janet is, but you need somebody to replace her.
post #8 of 11 Old 11-07-2013
Administrator

Second Vehicle: 2004 V8
Garage
Which section can you guy not post? Obviously not on this thread or section since there are multiple replies in this thread alone. What browser are you using?

**I just replied to this thread by using the quick reply post box at the bottom.

Regards,

MD
post #9 of 11 Old 11-07-2013
Touareg Guru

@new2treg

It's an NSA problem.

No Sodding Access
post #10 of 11 Old 11-07-2013 Thread Starter
Touareg Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Admin View Post
Which section can you guy not post? Obviously not on this thread or section since there are multiple replies in this thread alone. What browser are you using?

**I just replied to this thread by using the quick reply post box at the bottom.

Regards,

MD
I CAN post now by using the actions I described above (but there was NO help or reason why the situation suddenly changed from being able to post either as responses or to open new threads to being able to do neither - In other words my browser settings didn't change nor did I update my browser nor did I change adblocker fundamentals. (In fact the first thing I tried was to 'allow' all the junk! That didn't solve the issue.) The real puzzle is that when it first happened 'way back in the Janet days' it only affected this forum - none of the others I go to were affected. This time the problem happened on 3 of the 4 forums I frequent [and I have no idea why that 4th forum was immune!] The real reason for this thread is to let others know that it DOES happen sometimes, and if it happens to YOU you WILL have trouble letting any administrator know about it because the reason you can't post is the same reason you can't let them know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode