Tapatalk - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 19 Old 11-01-2014 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2005 V8
Second Vehicle: Other
Tapatalk

I did a search and only found one old thread where someone mentioned Tapatalk. It was a thread where iOS and Android ClubTouareg apps were being announced/discussed. While I'm sure the apps are fine, Tapatalk is a great alternative.

I manage a few forums and I know that Tapatalk for vBulletin (used by this forum) is available, free and very easy for the forum administrators to install.

https://tapatalk.com/activate_tapata...ugin=vbulletin

Tapatalk is enormously popular, even MyTreg uses it. I'd like to ask that the ClubTouareg forum administrators seriously consider installing it. There's no downside and would make an already great forum that much more accessible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 11-01-2014
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2012 Hybrid
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
Garage
I use Tapatalk for VW Vortex and a few other forums.

-Kevin
post #3 of 19 Old 11-01-2014 Thread Starter

I too am using VWvortex with Tapatalk. I suspect there are a good number of members here already using Tapatalk. That's why it would be so convenient, to have all forums of interest in one app. Plus it works so darn well.

It would be a real shame if this suggestion is not taken seriously.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 11-03-2014
Administrator

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: 2004 V8
Garage
There are a few reasons why we don't have this site on tapatalk. Firstly it's on the Autoguide.com free app (Android and Apple) which is in fact a branded customization of tapatalk. Secondly Tapatalk is going through some changes of it's own presently namely that of the pro app version going away and adds etc. Lastly and essentially most important is that if we have the site on tapatalk proper it gives them access to all our user details emails and the like. Something we actively try to avoid doing. On the custom app we don't have to do this.

I appreciate the suggestion but at this time it's not on the table.

KN Community Support
post #5 of 19 Old 11-03-2014 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Admin View Post
Secondly Tapatalk is going through some changes of it's own presently namely that of the pro app version going away and adds etc. Lastly and essentially most important is that if we have the site on tapatalk proper it gives them access to all our user details emails and the like.
Interesting... where are you getting this information from?
post #6 of 19 Old 11-03-2014
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2005 R5 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Admin View Post
There are a few reasons why we don't have this site on tapatalk. Firstly it's on the Autoguide.com free app (Android and Apple) which is in fact a branded customization of tapatalk. Secondly Tapatalk is going through some changes of it's own presently namely that of the pro app version going away and adds etc. Lastly and essentially most important is that if we have the site on tapatalk proper it gives them access to all our user details emails and the like. Something we actively try to avoid doing. On the custom app we don't have to do this. I appreciate the suggestion but at this time it's not on the table. KN Community Support
I know nothing about Tapatalk, but if my details are shared with anyone else, I will be gone from here double quick sharp.

Let's keep it like it is

Paul
post #7 of 19 Old 11-03-2014 Thread Starter

The administrator's response seems rather set, so this may be more of an academic thread now. But you can bet the number of registered users here already using Tapatalk may very well be in the thousands.

I'd like to confirm the information, as I can't readily see how any user info is being shared.
post #8 of 19 Old 11-04-2014
Administrator

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: 2004 V8
Garage
When a forum is on tapatalk, tapatalk the company gains access to the contact information of registered users. There's not much to see. We prefer it on the custom function as it just uses the software and support rather than full access to tapatalk. Does that make more sense?

KN
post #9 of 19 Old 11-11-2014 Thread Starter

I understand that a lot of people including those in control of this forum are very worried about information privacy, even though a forum registration includes a bear minimum. Some people won't use the all-knowing Google because of this.

If it is true that Tapatalk has access to all users registration info, I'm not seeing any evidence, nor is it being suggested that they have abused this info. Tapatalk is being trusted by an incredibly high number of very popular forums.

Like many of you, I have interest in a good number of topics and belong to many forums. How awful would it be if each one of them required you to have a separate app for mobile use and even worst, they'd all need to be running in the background if you wanted to get your push notifications.

For the many loyal Tapatalk users, both VWvortex and MyTreg can be found there.
post #10 of 19 Old 11-11-2014
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2012 Hybrid
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
Garage
I agree with not noticing that Tapatalk has done anything fishy with my email. I think they require access to user info so you can use your Tapatalk ID to sign up for new forums. That way you don't need a bunch of different usernames and passwords for all of your forums. I am not concerned about privacy with this stuff and if I were, I would just be a lurker and not sign up for the site in the first place. I use a junk gmail account for all of this forum stuff and practically anything that I sign up for on the internet. My friends and family are the only ones that have my personal email address and even some of those don't get it. (I'm talking to you MOM!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode