Suggestion??!? - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 10 Old 07-03-2014 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2006 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Suggestion??!?

Hi site moderators / creators,

Newbie here and must say what a pleasure so far, very informative and so far people have been very positive with comments and replies.

Might be well out of order here but just one suggestion if i may that might add to an already fantastic site??.....

Is it feasible / possible to have a 'like' button in the corner on the message??

Only i have read so many posts that are really really good and just think it would be courtesy to the originator if we are able to 'like' the message. The message likes could then be added to that persons stats (like number of posts) which enables people to see if they are an upstanding member of the community.

What do you think?? i am not an IT bod and have no clue how you would do it but got the idea from another website forum i use and think its a great idea.

Otherwise apologies for being and annoying

2006 V10 TDI Touareg Altitude model (UK model i imported to OZ
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
-------------------------
2010 Focus TDCi manual
--------------------------
Nissan Pulsar ST runabout
2015 Husqvarna TE300 for keeping fit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

80 series Landcruiser for bush bashing

Peugeot 205 GTi for restoration
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-03-2014
Still Plays With Cars

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: 2006 V10 TDI
Garage
I think that's a great idea. I'll get with the powers that be to see if we can implement.

Please don't forget that while you can't like a particular post right now, you can rate a thread in the black header of the thread.

// 06 V10 TDI, Reflex Silver/Teak--Loaded

// 06 V8, Campy White/Teak--Air--DVD NAV--Backup Cam--Kessy--Winter--Xenon--RDL--Factory Hitch--Dakar Offroad Front Skid Plate
// 08 27' Airstream International CCD :: Airforums.com Member - "Westfalia"
// 77 VW Transporter Westfalia P21 Weekender, 2.0L Fuel Injection, Pastel Wei/Orange Plaid--STOCK

-\ CLUB TOUAREG ADMINISTRATOR -\
Please read our Club Touareg
and our

post #3 of 10 Old 07-04-2014
Administrator

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: 2004 V8
Garage
An interesting suggestion. We'll look into adding it

KN Community Support
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 07-04-2014 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Wicked thanks

Thinking could put a little box by the 'quote' button that says 'like' ?? then if anyone reading a thread thinks a particular comment is good / makes them laugh / really useful etc they can like the comment.

The other site i use that has a similar thing, it allows people to get recognition for the positive replies and posts they make.

Encourages them to come back and share experiences.

If its not a massive job then might be worth a trial??

Thanks admin

)
2010 Focus TDCi manual

post #5 of 10 Old 07-06-2014
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
Garage
I personally enjoy this great forum because of that "likes" system absence. What they have @touareg-club.net is a total crap. At least that community was not prepared for that. Sometimes newcomer told two jokes at humor section and got more likes then those people who provide a real and valuable technical assistance. (because he/she is from a big city with a great deal of fellow/neighbour members registered).
Perhaps the next step is:
(insignias under member's posts counter)? Please refrain from all these.
post #6 of 10 Old 07-07-2014
Touareg Guru

They have like/dislike buttons on www.mytreg.com

It was a total waste of time even before spammers targeted it for some reason [no, I don't know why!] and effectively destroyed any purpose to it if ever there was one and I speak as someone who had the highest number of likes and, no, I didn't check the number out, someone told me!

I now delight in having the highest number of dislikes [yes, I have just checked this number as I like these] and hope to remain top of the dislike pile! [As I understand it, the spammers' systems target the first post on new threads.]

As you might gather I couldn't give a **** whether someone likes what I post or not!!
post #7 of 10 Old 07-07-2014
Touareg Addict

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Other
How about "likes" that are done with Facebook or similar? Take it away from the CT so it won't obscure it's clean format, while allowing those with great number of neighbors and friends beware what they like and what they don't.
post #8 of 10 Old 07-07-2014
Administrator

Second Vehicle: 2004 V8
Garage
The plug in in this case wouldn't work like the facebook option. It seems there's as many reasons to add it as to not. If there is enough support for the feature we'll look into it further.

KN Community Support
post #9 of 10 Old 07-14-2014 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Confused, i assumed and obviously expected people to sensibly use it for what it was intended. Guess not that simple.
Well, to all those who post great replies to threads that never get seen, unless just trawling around, well done and thank you.

)
2010 Focus TDCi manual

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode