Next Chapter for Club Touareg - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 15 Old 10-09-2012 Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Next Chapter for Club Touareg

Dear Club Touareg Members,

I adopted Club Touareg back when we were just a little hatch-ling of a community. Over the years our community has grown into the leading Touareg Owners community on the internet. With the success comes great responsibility including server security, backups and making sure we can handle the load of an ever growing community. With the birth of our second child a year ago, the amount of time I have available to help support such our community dwindled (those of you who are parents will know the feeling). Earlier this year I decided the most responsible path forward was to find someone with the resources to properly care for Club Touareg. I approached a respected colleague about his firm acquiring a Club Touareg along with a handful of other sites I own. Last month we reached an agreement, it's time to pass the torch, our community is now part of the AutoGuide.com network.

As a person who has been working with online forum communities over the last 10 years I am keenly aware how special and unique each community is. It's critical that we not disrupt the ambiance and vibe we have developed here, the AutoGuide.com team are on the same page and this change will be seamless. The crew at AutoGuide.com are expert forum folks and I am 100% confident they will continue to run the community in a nearly identical fashion as Social Knowledge has.

Our amazing team of mods and admins will remain unchanged and will continue to be empowered to manage the community as they have been in years past.

Please give a warm welcome to Cayne from AutoGuide.com who will be here working with our team.

Kind Regards,

Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-09-2012
Administrator

Second Vehicle: 2004 V8
Garage
Hi everyone,

My name is Cayne and I’m going to be your go-to-guy from AutoGuide.com. I first want to thank Andy for all his help during this transition so far and Janet for the great job she has done with this community. It's never easy to let someone else adopt your forum but I am happy that you and Janet will still be around.

You might ask whats going to happen to the current staff here on the site? The staff roles here will not change. Forum moderators and administrators will continue to make the day to day calls. I am going to work with them as a team in order to try and keep the forum running as smoothly as it was before. I also would like to try and make this transition as smooth as possible to a point where it did not seem like there was a transfer of ownership.

With the migration of the site onto our servers, this will help the site run faster and the staff here works very hard to make the site run smoothly and take care of any issues/bugs that may arise as quickly as possible.

I want to keep this short and sweet and so that’s all for now! Please feel free to ask me any questions about anything and I want to hear your thoughts! I’m looking forward to getting to know this community and working with all of you.

Thank you all for reading this and for making Clubtouareg.com the place that it is!

Cayne
post #3 of 15 Old 10-09-2012
Official CT Ricer!

Touareg: 2006 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Does this mean I can access clubtouareg eventually through the autoguide app that I use for my other favorite forum "evoxforums.com"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 10-09-2012
Supreme Member

Touareg: 2004 V6
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
Just keep the mobile app live or there will be an uprising

2004 VR6 w/ Air - Retired (Oct. 2007 - June 2015)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 Old 10-09-2012
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalystgod View Post
Does this mean I can access clubtouareg eventually through the autoguide app that I use for my other favorite forum "evoxforums.com"?

Oh definitely, I can put the request to get it added asap and let you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOtouareg View Post
Just keep the mobile app live or there will be an uprising
No worries at all, will do
post #6 of 15 Old 10-09-2012
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2010 V6 TDI
Send a message via Yahoo to 2010TDI
Hmm, never really paid attention to the backend support for my forums. But if there is an app that can tie them together that would be cool. What other sites are hosted by Auto Guide?

Current: 2009 Touareg V8 FSI, stock for now...

Previous: 2010 Touareg V6 TDI, Unitronic tuned, BC Racing coilovers with AutoPilot V2 air bag suspension, Porsche Cayenne GTS front and rear swaybars, European R50 valances, Hofele side skirts, GT Tuning rear roof spoiler, rear foglight mod, Paddle shifters, ForgeStar 20" custom rims, A-pillar boost gauge, Pioneer x9115bt Navigation, Alcantara door and seat inserts, Custom DCT CF sport steering wheel, much more...
post #7 of 15 Old 10-09-2012
Administrator

Garage
I'm not sure if there's an app that ties our AutoGuide mobile app with forum runner but please feel free to check out the list of sites by going on AutoGuide.com.
post #8 of 15 Old 10-09-2012

Touareg: 2008 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Garage
Sounds Good,

I can only emphasize how valuable this site is to Touareg Owners, and as such any move that enhances this will be welcome, conversely any reduction in function or purpose could only be described as a tragic. I was never a significant contributor to any web forum prior to joining, and the support I have gained from here is immeasurable.

Anything that keeps this forum alive and kicking is good with me.

Stuart..

2008 V6 TDI, with the following Retrofitted Items:
ACC, Front & Side Assist, Paddle Shift, Towbar & Trailer Module, Fiscon Bluetooth. Reversing Camera, Front Fog Lamps, Redarc TowPro Brake Controller, T1 Door Warning Lamps, T1 Under Seat Drawer, Alloy Skid Plate, 5ton Winch, Cayenne Front and Rear Sway Bars, Tuned by Oettinger, Retrofitted 6 Piston Brembo Front Brake Callipers, Sports Steering Wheel, TPMS (OEM), Dual Batteries
post #9 of 15 Old 10-09-2012
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2004 V6
Welcome cayne!

This is a great forum, with very helpful people. I'm very glad I joined. The helped I've got from this forum has been tremendous. I hope I've helped anyone along the way also. Congrats for the ongoing support and the creators of the forum.

Late '04 V6 Colorado Red // 19" Terras // ECS Bumper Guards
post #10 of 15 Old 10-09-2012
Supporting Member

Touareg: 2009 V6 TDI
Become a Supporting Member for $25. I think we all would agree that this site is a great resource for all your Touareg needs.

2009 Touareg TDI
2009 Nissan Murano LX

USAF '83-'87

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode