Create subs sections for different vehicle generations. - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 15 Old 02-12-2016 Thread Starter

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Thumbs up Create subs sections for different vehicle generations.

As a new comer to the forum I find it real difficult to find content about specific Touareg generation as all the technical sections and etc are joined together. I suggest separating discussion areas into generation specific sub sections. Folks on the corvette forums have done this and it works beautifully.

C6 Corvette Forum | 2005 Corvette | Pictures | Photos | Forum | Forums
The Following User Says Thank You to rkcreative For This Useful Post:
touareg1952 (02-19-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-19-2016
Touareg Addict

Touareg: 2008 V8
Second Vehicle: Other
I think there are already too many sub-sections. Thank goodness for the Recent Threads feed on the right hand side of the screen. Otherwise you have to open 10 million tabs to see what you "missed".

2008 V8
No VCDS? Get it here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 Old 02-20-2016
Administrator

Second Vehicle: 2004 V8
Garage
Hi there,

Thank you for the suggestion. We'll do a little investigating on our side to see if your suggestion warrants us to implement it at this time.

Yung

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcreative View Post
As a new comer to the forum I find it real difficult to find content about specific Touareg generation as all the technical sections and etc are joined together. I suggest separating discussion areas into generation specific sub sections. Folks on the corvette forums have done this and it works beautifully.

C6 Corvette Forum | 2005 Corvette | Pictures | Photos | Forum | Forums
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 02-20-2016
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2008 V8
Second Vehicle: Other
I have seen this before and you need significant differences between sections to make this work. Dividing the conversation up can reduce the participation and exchange of ideas.

-Bill-
'08 VW Touareg V8 Lux Tow Hitch
'09 VW Touareg TDI Lux Tow Hitch
'11 Silverado Duramax Diesel SB Crew LTZ
post #5 of 15 Old 02-21-2016

Touareg: 2008 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnPass View Post
Dividing the conversation up can reduce the participation and exchange of ideas.
I am not a supporter of division, as I may not own the same year you have, but I may know the answer you are looking for. If the Forum is broken into Divisions I may never read your post and deprive you of a solution that may have been available.

Stuart...

2008 V6 TDI, with the following Retrofitted Items:
ACC, Front & Side Assist, Paddle Shift, Towbar & Trailer Module, Fiscon Bluetooth. Reversing Camera, Front Fog Lamps, Redarc TowPro Brake Controller, T1 Door Warning Lamps, T1 Under Seat Drawer, Alloy Skid Plate, 5ton Winch, Cayenne Front and Rear Sway Bars, Tuned by Oettinger, Retrofitted 6 Piston Brembo Front Brake Callipers, Sports Steering Wheel, TPMS (OEM), Dual Batteries
post #6 of 15 Old 03-12-2016
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2011 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: is jealous
I quite enjoy reading issues on older Tregs, but that is only when I have time.

I would still prefer a section for 7LXX and another for 7PXX as they are really different.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Hole in Roof | Adaptive Cruise + City Braking |
| 4 Way Aircon | Heated/Ventilated Seats |
| Missing Area View and 4XMotion | Average human driving me
post #7 of 15 Old 03-13-2016
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2011 V6 TDI
Allowing to edit the first post longer than 30 minutes, maybe forever, would make it easier to properly label threads with T1 and engine and so forth. And as the discussion goes the OP can add vehicles to the label. This do of course only work if it becomes a habit for all users to label their threads.
post #8 of 15 Old 03-13-2016
Touareg Guru

Second Vehicle: is not a VW
I'm with you on the 30 minutes.

Leaving editing open forever can cause issues where someone posts something, another member replies to it without quoting that post and then the person who posted first changes or deletes their post!

I know, I did it to someone - not intentionally - and made a nonsense of their response with no opportunity for either of us to correct it.

I think an hour would be good, two hours better.

VW Touareg models are as follows:
Generation 1: T1 is model 7LA & facelift T2 is model 7L6
Generation 2: T3 is model 7P5 & facelift T4 is model 7P6
Generation 3: T5 is model CR7 [Not available in "VW Atlas" North America!]
Read Wikipedia:

T1 & T2 buyers MUST read:

Use Google or Bing to search by typing in: site:
followed by what you seek
post #9 of 15 Old 04-11-2016 Thread Starter

I think dividing the information between different Touarg generations would be immensely helpful moving forward. Case in point, I am now re-searching a tow hitch installation on my 2013 VR sport. All of the threads are mixed up with info for the T1, T2 & T3 models making it really difficult to find the answers relating to your actually Tuareg model.

Also, revising the structure would greatly boost the SEO properties of the forum all together.
post #10 of 15 Old 04-11-2016
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2016 V6 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcreative View Post
I think dividing the information between different Touarg generations would be immensely helpful moving forward. Case in point, I am now re-searching a tow hitch installation on my 2013 VR sport. All of the threads are mixed up with info for the T1, T2 & T3 models making it really difficult to find the answers relating to your actually Tuareg model.

Also, revising the structure would greatly boost the SEO properties of the forum all together.
But many features of a particular Touareg are common with the other versions - or some of them in many cases.

With a T4, it's important to know about T3 - after all both are just 2nd generation to VW themselves - and it's not like T1/T2 are totally different.

2015 (16MY) Touareg SE 258 bhp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode