Club Touareg Forum banner

VW Extending the warranty on ADBLUE Tank Heaters Finally!!

12K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Torque4me 
#1 ·
Not sure if this has been discussed yet (couldn't find anything) - was at the dealership today and overheard the service guys talking about VW rolling out the extension of warranty for the reductant (Adblue) tank heater.... Ran over there quick and asked if what I overheard was right and low and behold it was.

The heater is now covered!!

I had my heater go last year, and I never fixed it. Still rolling with the CEL.

However, I noticed another code for NOX sensor (or something along those lines) - wonder if this will be covered as well.

#2 ·
The warranty extention to the adblu heater has indeed already been discussed on here . . . several days ago!

#3 ·
This past summer, my CEL went on and VW had to install a kit to correct the AdBlue issue. I was happy that my CPO warranty was still in effect or it would have been an almost $400 bill. I had to pay the $50 deductible.

I had submitted the necessary paperwork for the deductible and I got the check for the $50 today. Yay.

Keep messing up VW.

#4 ·
Ben what was your adblue issue? I just got check engine light and 400 miles to no restart. This happened two days after I filled up the tank with brand new VWAudi 2.5 gallon adblue container. I may try to use all the miles and put it at the dealer parking lot to fix. May be count on "death clock" gonna start again? Or hopefully dealer will be able to restart to it to bring it inside garage. I wish to fix it but was reading so many people pay for different parts before issue is resolved like hit or miss.

#5 ·
I'll have to find the receipt or the shop printout as it was a kit that was installed.

From what I recall, a code comes up. The shop/dealer performs a validation or a series of steps to make sure that they know what the problem is, the kit is ordered, installed and done. I do recall them saying that they had to take stuff apart underneath the spare tire and that they didn't want to have to put it all back together again only to take it apart the next day when the parts/kit arrived so I was fine with that.

I wonder, if your 2010 TDI is a T2, if the Adblue warranty extension has been extended to you.

#9 ·
The pleasure is all mine. I'm glad I could help somehow. VW sure has had things come off the tracks lately, but even so, their profit had gone up 2.8% this year or some number like that. Just that between the High Pressure Fuel Pump and the AdBlue warranty extensions, then the Goodwill bribe, and now the buybacks and substantial compensations . . .

I'm just glad that I am, and have been getting money back. This vehicle has been the best illegal vehicle I have ever had.

#10 ·
I may be wrong, but I think you might have to fill the ad-blu tank right up if you get the "**** miles to no restart" warning and do the reset.

#11 ·
Ad-blue tank is full and reset didn't work. Before I drop it at the dealer I am going to drive all the miles to "no restart" to see what happens since addblue tank is full. Just have to make sure dealer will able to restart it at the parking lot and bring it inside the service bay.

#12 ·
I want to give kudos to White Rock VW. I got the 350 km warning and CEL, even though I filled up with def at the 1500km warning. I am leaving on a long road trip in a couple of days. I called them at 9 this morning and told them my problem. By 4 pm, I had the car back, adblue heater recall done, car washed and vacuumed. Adblue tank flushed and totally refilled, oil topped up. $0. Can't beat that for service!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.