Floor mat over the center hump - Club Touareg Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 47Driver

post #1 of 9 Old 08-06-2016 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2004 R5 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Question Floor mat over the center hump

Do you guys use a floor mat over the center hump in the Touareg (T3/T4)? I will have a small child sitting in the center back seat and would really like to keep the center hump clean. I canít seem to find anything in the Volkswagen accessories brochure. I've found a couple of no-name (or cheap-name) alternatives on the internet, but nothing that inspires confidence. What do you guys use, and what do you recommend?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-06-2016
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2016 V6 TDI
Weathertech - US made but available in Europe in both LHD and RHD versions - you'll need to specify whether dual-zone or four-zone climate control.

2015 (16MY) Touareg SE 258 bhp
post #3 of 9 Old 08-06-2016

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2005 V8
Garage
Thumbs up Best mats I've ever owned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Grouse View Post
Weathertech - US made but available in Europe in both LHD and RHD versions - you'll need to specify whether dual-zone or four-zone climate control.
I completely agree with the Black Grouse. The weathertech mats are fantastic! A little steep in price (I think I paid $350 CAN for my 2014), but high quality, durable and will save your carpets. I also like that they went to a one piece over the hump design (2012 they were still two overlapping pieces).
post #4 of 9 Old 08-07-2016
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2010 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Other
Garage
We had Weathertech at first, but my wife hated the industrial rubber look. So we went with the 3D MAXpider for her Q7. She loves them. They do the same job, look a bit nicer and cost about $100 less for the whole set. The first set came in without the correct holes in them, but when I called, they sent another set out immediately with the correct retainer holes. They didn't want the first set back. So now she has the carpet and the Kagu.
keeffer likes this.

2009 VW Jetta SW TDI with MTM ECU upgrade, Koni suspension, 1/2 inch lowering, summer and winter tires and rims. Stolen by Daughter. Paid Off.
2010 VW Touareg TDI with APR ECU tune. Paid Off
2011 Audi Q7 TDI Prestige...the hottie's car! Paid Off
post #5 of 9 Old 11-14-2016
Supporting Vendor

Touareg: 2013 V6 FSI
Second Vehicle: 2014 V6 FSI
Hey @ jodo2017,

If you are still looking for the 2nd row mats that will cover the hump, check out these DigitalFit molded floor liners by WeatherTech: https://www.carid.com/2004-volkswage...er-216862.html

These are custom-fit mats designed to completely line the carpeting. They are available in black, gray and tan colors of your choice and are equipped with deep, sculpted channels for the best interior protection.

Feel free to shoot me a P.M. if any additional questions appear.

Volkswagen Touareg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #6 of 9 Old 11-15-2016

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
Hi guys. Ever seen a mat that just covers the center hump? We've already got nice rubber mats throughout, but like jodo2017 I've got two small boys who make a real mess of the carpet between them. Cheers. Eddie

2013 4XMOTION, off road package, air suspension, pioneer platform, Autec spare
post #7 of 9 Old 11-15-2016
Touareg Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by carid View Post
Hey @ jodo2017,

If you are still looking for the 2nd row mats that will cover the hump, check out these DigitalFit molded floor liners by WeatherTech: https://www.carid.com/2004-volkswage...er-216862.html

These are custom-fit mats designed to completely line the carpeting. They are available in black, gray and tan colors of your choice and are equipped with deep, sculpted channels for the best interior protection.

Feel free to shoot me a P.M. if any additional questions appear.
As this is an internnational forum, the full colour range may not be available in all markets. I'd have preferred tan to go with my beige upholstery/carpet but only black was available for Touareg in the UK, not helped that we need RHD-specific front mats which are low volume sales.

2015 (16MY) Touareg SE 258 bhp
post #8 of 9 Old 1 Week Ago

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGame View Post
Hi guys. Ever seen a mat that just covers the center hump? We've already got nice rubber mats throughout, but like jodo2017 I've got two small boys who make a real mess of the carpet between them. Cheers. Eddie
I've only seen the hump mat available as part of a full rear mat set, as others have stated. Maybe institute a strict shoes-off policy?
post #9 of 9 Old 1 Week Ago

Second Vehicle: Other
Years ago, I fashioned my own out of some "steel plate weave" sheet rubber.

I cut it to shape to fit over the hump with added "side tabs" to secure it underneath the monster mats. Worked like a charm.

the piece was about 10 x 20 inches total. Google steel plate weave rubber mat, get a sharp X-acto blade and have at it.

Here's a youtube video of what the stuff looked like.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode