Club Touareg Forum banner

EGR

6K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Flash635 
#1 ·
Has anyone done, or know of anyone that has done a full EGR delete on a V10 tdi?

#4 ·
I removed the pipes connecting the exhaust manifold to the EGR valves and fitted blanking plates over the holes. No faults etc came up as the pre-DPF V10 engine did not monitor the exhaust gas flow.
You cannot do it to the DPF engine without a software fix as well as the system detects a lack of flow thru the DPF and a fault comes in the dash.

regards
Drag

#6 ·
I made the S/S blanks myself. In fact I may have a few laying around as the exhaust end is a different size to the EGR valve end.
I will look some time soon and PM you if you want.
You don't need any pipes just the blanking plates.
What coolers are you talking about the Pre DPF has no EGR cooler ?

regards
Drag

#17 ·
It seems to me that preventing or removing a cause of intake plugging is enough all by itself. The whole purpose of putting exhaust gasses back into the combustion process is to reduce peak burn temps (not necessarily exhaust temps). Limiting peak temps limits NOx formation - it also lessens the total amount of heat available to do work. Work is the basic reason for the engine to exist. No engineer worth a darn will build a bigger engine that necessary and then voluntarily 'de-tune' it down to something smaller. Goes against the grain! NOTHING about the EGR system produces more work than if it weren't there in the first place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.