Diesel Engine Preglow lite - Club Touareg Forums
Club Touareg Forums  

Go Back   Club Touareg Forums > Club Touareg Technical Forums > Engine, Transmission and Exhaust > Diesel (TDI) Engines | R5, V6, V8, V10, R50 TDI engines

Join Forest River Forums Today

Old 01-13-2013   #1
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Diesel Engine Preglow lite

I got this flashing spiral lite on today when I was driving thought nothing of it until I got home to read the manual. It doesn't seem like the glow plugs should be active when I am already driving and it was 24 degrees out I thought glowplugs where backups. Anyone experience with this?
I am already going in tomorrow for a new throttle control valve, noisey fan at passenger feet and no fan at driver feet on Auto mode. Even foot fan on driver can be spotty in foot mode.

Thanks should I get a tow truck dealer is 10 miles away, says "contact VW immediately" with this spiral lite on. I just went out and started it lite is not on now. Thank You

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.