Ad-Blue fault. oh no... - Page 2 - Club Touareg Forums
Club Touareg Forums  

Go Back   Club Touareg Forums > Club Touareg Technical Forums > Engine, Transmission and Exhaust > Diesel (TDI) Engines | R5, V6, V8, V10, R50 TDI engines

Join Forest River Forums Today

Old 01-19-2012   #11
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Other
My dealer did upgrade the firmware on the computer controlling Ad Blue system performance. It works fine almost two month and about 2500 miles after this fix was applied. Wish you luck!

Old 01-19-2012   #12
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: Still looking
Conservative,

Did you get the warning light on or did your dealer update the software as "preventative" work??

My dealer doesn't want to update the software until the light comes on

Old 01-19-2012   #13
Touareg Enthusiast

Here is the TSB about the AdBlue controller software

By looking my VAG-COM scan I have the old software so I would need the update
Old 01-20-2012   #14
Touareg Guru

I see at the end that they want the customer to sign a form to confirm the ECM/TCM tuning has been done.

How would any customer know??!!
Old 01-24-2012   #15

Second Vehicle: Still looking
I have the same problem but ended up having the tank assembly, pump and control module replace because of this. I was aware that there may have been a software update as most have stated in this thread and communicated this to my dealer but they said they were not aware of this solution even existed and said it could be USA specific. I'm not sure who to believe now but hope my car was not badly gutted to replace those components. Will have to wait and see if that fix solve my problem.
Old 01-25-2012   #16

Yes, I got the Adblue warning too. Thanks for all the input here. Local dealer did ECM software update per tech bulletin 2028009. This was done yesterday. So far so good. Coincidentally, this happened to me exactly one week after having the fuel cannister replaced (14 days at dealer for that). My local dealership has been very responsive and so has VWOA.
Old 01-28-2012   #17

I had ONE brief message re AD BLUE being low which did not make a lot of sense as the car was two months old and had 1800 Kilometers . VW Canada customer service at best were out to lunch BUT the dealer made a big effort and pushed to get the tech bulletin which then allowed him to flash the system for messages and upload some new software ? Long and short just drove 2400 K in two days and ran like a dream ? I find this forum fascinating there is more information on here than I suspect most dealers in North America have been made aware of by VW . I have to comment that the quality of the Diesel fuel pumps at gas stations in the USA is so far behind Canada a couple of major stations I stopped at were about one step above a hand pump .
Old 02-03-2012   #18

Touareg: 2011 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Lightbulb Ad-Blue Pump Failure

2011 TDI Ad-Blue warning flashed randomly, check engine light came on along with the "you're gonna be walking in 600 miles" light. Local Tucson Chapman VW very good and luckily had a factory technical guy on site for another vehicle. They dowloaded software but still had problem. Digging deeper they found NO AD-BLUE pressure fault. Overnighted new Ad-Blue pump, installed, problem fixed.
Net, net, a faulty , weak or failed Ad-Blue pump will manifest itself as a low Ad-Blue problem.
Also, factory technical guy told me Ad-Blue tanks have been increased from about 5 gallons to 10 gallons but not sure exactly when that change went into effect.
Old 02-04-2012   #19
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2011 V6 TDI
I had the initial AdBlue warning early on, somewhere under 2000 miles I think. Selling dealer said the AdBlue tank was never topped up before sale. Mentioned it at the 90 day courtesy check (2nd dealer), they just blew it off. Mentioned again at the 10k service (3rd dealer) who applied the aforementioned firmware update and topped up the Adblue again. Fault code P229F reappeared, so they replaced the rear NOx sensor. Time will tell.

//greg//
Old 02-04-2012   #20
Touareg Mechanic

Kleinbus,

Sorry for a late reply... Yes, I did get "750 AdBlue..." (3400 miles) , then "600 miles won't start" (three hundreds miles later) warnings. My dealer did a great job finding the firmware upgrade solution - two days after new codes were released! I wouldn't be surprised if my 2012 TDI was amongst the first TDIs in the US with new codes downloaded. They said that the VW had a number of Touaregs shipped to the US with the AdBlue Systems installed newer than the firmware loaded on vehicle's computer.

NYG or New England, that's the QUESTION!
Have fun watching the game tomorrow!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.