2012 TDI with engine light on at 339 miles - Page 21 - Club Touareg Forums
Club Touareg Forums  

Go Back   Club Touareg Forums > Club Touareg Technical Forums > Engine, Transmission and Exhaust > Diesel (TDI) Engines | R5, V6, V8, V10, R50 TDI engines

Join Forest River Forums Today

Old 08-10-2012   #201

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Question Newest Problem is an adblue pump failure!!!!! HELP

Yesterday I returned my 2012 Touareg TDI to the dealer for the engine light on. I was told that they code was showing an adblue pump failure. They told me that they called the VW tech line and they were told to refill the adblue and then reset the level manually. They did that and reset the check engine light. So far it seems to be ok but I never had an adblue level low indicator come on. I wonder if they know what they are doing or if they are just feeding my a line of BS. This is the 2 time I have had a problem with the CEL coming on. I read on this site that the CEL will not come on for a low adblue level. Is this correct? Any info you can give me would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Old 08-10-2012   #202

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2012 V6 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjc4370 View Post
Yesterday I returned my 2012 Touareg TDI to the dealer for the engine light on. I was told that they code was showing an adblue pump failure. They told me that they called the VW tech line and they were told to refill the adblue and then reset the level manually. They did that and reset the check engine light. So far it seems to be ok but I never had an adblue level low indicator come on. I wonder if they know what they are doing or if they are just feeding my a line of BS. This is the 2 time I have had a problem with the CEL coming on. I read on this site that the CEL will not come on for a low adblue level. Is this correct? Any info you can give me would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Michael
How many miles have you put on your TDI since you last had the light come on? How is your style of driving? Aggressive?

The next question is have you read your Owners Manual, and what does it say?

Old 09-12-2012   #203

Second Vehicle: Still looking
Interesting thread. My Check Engine Light came on at 6,400 miles. Spoke with dealer, did not feel it was urgent, but they were happy to check it out.

Dropped it off, and apparently remote diagnostics from Germany, and a new software flash for the reductant (add blue) pump. Picked it up, and so far no issues. My error code was P2086.

When asked about the software date, they indicated this version had not yet been formally released. Leads me to believe it is an advanced Beta version that they have been tweaking. Pretty standard stuff.

For those who think other brands are any better, reality check. I have owned a 500 Mercedes, my wife drives a Lexus, and my previous Touareg, and so far my new TDI have fewer mechanical issues, and for me much better design.

The only problem I have with the 2012 Touareg are the redesigned back seats that only drop 2/3 of the way down. I am an underwater photographer with lots of camera and dive gear, so this is an issue. Took a long look and many test drives in a comparable Mercedes, which cost the same, and bottom line was I liked the Touareg better.

MB has a slightly more comfortable interior, and rear motor is mounted on top of hatch, not below. It also has annoying paddle shifting. Touareg drives better, engine reviews are better, and the VW dealer is far superior to the MB and Lexus dealers.

For me, VW has done a great job on the Touareg. Taking it in to have the ad blue pump computer reflashed is no big deal.
Old 09-14-2012   #204

Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Glad to hear that they flashed a fix for this. My engine light came on around 600 miles and it was the adblue pump failure. Adblue pump is working and I was told VW is waiting for a software fix. Also the Touareg Excecutive care has told me the same thing, that VW is working on a software fix. So hearing you had an update put in make me feel they are about there for releasing it.

By the way, I love my Touareg.
Old 09-14-2012   #205
Touareg Mechanic

Second Vehicle: Other
The updated AdBlue firmware (FW) has been released in November 2011. My AdBlue issues were resolved by upgrading FW in November and replacement of the AdBlue pump a couple of months later. Can you check with your dealer if they are talking about absolutely new level of firmware or they are simply a bit behind times and talking still about the 11-2011 vintage FW? Just curious. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-16-2012   #206

Second Vehicle: is not a VW
My dealer told me this is new firmware they are working on. There was another one last year but did not work.
Old 09-17-2012   #207
Touareg Enthusiast

I think someone got the CEL reset and sent back out the door with fresh load of BS too?

Does anyone know what the current release date is? Or in fact is this a beta version being used?
Old 09-17-2012   #208
Touareg Mechanic

There is another thread on the AdBlue subject in which a guess was expressed that there are different models of AdBlue pumps around requiring different firmware. I personally think that’s the case and this adds a confusion in our forum discussions. In last November, I was told that my AdBlue pump was of a newer model than the FW downloaded at the factory – thus it operated wrong for 4k miles and failed prematurely at 5.4K miles. They’ve loaded new FW in November but this was too late – pump went bad in January. I wonder if there is a 3-rd generation solution – newer pump and newer FW.
Old 09-17-2012   #209
Touareg Enthusiast

ConservativeConsumer, what is your build date? I've not had any AdBlue issues, but plenty of other issues. In the shop currently!

Old 09-17-2012   #210
Touareg Mechanic

I have no idea what the build date of my 2012 Touareg is. I’ve signed papers in late August of last year. Normally, Touareg US order-build-delivery time is about 2-3 months, so my guess is that mine is of June’s vintage.

As far as I can say from occasionally following your story through in different threads, it is unlikely that your situation connected to a particular build date of the vehicle. In my subjective opinion, your dealer Service Department has created more problems than they’ve solved, but who am I to judge?

Hope your lemon efforts, however unpleasant, are coming to a successful conclusion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.