Stream music over bluetooth with the new Blitzsafe Bluetooth adapter - Page 2 - Club Touareg Forums

post #11 of 26 Old 04-04-2014 Thread Starter
Administrator

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Order info:
Cost is $90 including priority mail shipping within the USA. Link to order page: USA Paypal order form

Touareg Audio Accessories - Keyless Start - Paddle Shift ==>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 Old 04-23-2014

Touareg: 2007 V6
Second Vehicle: Other
I have a T1 with standard audio + cd changer and this is exactly what i'm looking for! Just ordered.
post #13 of 26 Old 04-24-2014
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2008 V8
Garage
Just ordered one myself, now i'll be happy keeping the older MFD2 nav unit, thanks for posting this!

post #14 of 26 Old 10-28-2015
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2004 V8
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Bump for others to see. (Just Ordered!)

2004 | V8 | SHADOWBLUE | TEAK INT | HID | AIR SUS | TOW | 4-ZONE |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| PUSH START | CAYENNE YELLOW BARS | NITTO G2 265/50r20 | 20" POWDERCOATED Q7 WHEELS
2009 | 335D | V6TT | CRIMSONRED | DAKOTA BLACK INT | MSPORT PACKAGE | COLD PACKAGE | PREMIUM PACKAGE | IDRIVE |
post #15 of 26 Old 10-28-2015
Touareg Enthusiast

Second Vehicle: a bicycle
Can anyone comment as to the sound quality for music being played through the Bluetooth unit? How does it compare to the quality of CD and AUX?
post #16 of 26 Old 10-28-2015
Touareg Mechanic

Garage
I think it was pretty good. I had it with my OEM unit, went to a android KGL unit that took a crap after a year, so now back to OEM. I sold my blitzsafe bc i didn't assume i would be going back. Eitherway it was good signal and sounded pretty good. I still like the AUX cable plugged in so I just use it. But the blitzsafe was nice and worth it.

2008 4.2L FSI, Alaska Grey with Teak interior, Air Suspension, Added rear heated seats, Heated Steering Wheel, RNS510 Retrofit, Rear view camera and parking sensors, Adaptive Cruiser Control with Front Assist Retrofit, Side Assist/Lane Change Retrofit, OEM Tow package, 35% Llumar matching tint, 20" Carrera Wheels, 275/45/20XL tires. VAG Com by Ross-Tech, Yellow Porsche F/R Sway Bars, R50 front valance
post #17 of 26 Old 10-28-2015
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2015 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Can anyone tell me on a 2015 procedure to stream from phone to the sound system? The manual is huge and poorly written/very confusing. I would like to stream Pandora from my phone to the car system. Thanks
post #18 of 26 Old 10-28-2015
Touareg Guru

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
As long your phone is connected via BT, you should be able to stream. On the RNS-850: Media>BT. I stream podcasts and music this way.

2012 Touareg TDI Exec (Cool Silver/Anthracite) | Aluminum Pedal Covers | Warning Triangle | Euro Mats | Auto Hold Switch
2007 Touareg V8 FSI (old) | 2006 Passat 3.6L Sport 1 (old) | 2003 Passat GLX (old)
post #19 of 26 Old 10-28-2015
Touareg Guru

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Media/Source/BT

2012 Touareg TDI Exec (Cool Silver/Anthracite) | Aluminum Pedal Covers | Warning Triangle | Euro Mats | Auto Hold Switch
2007 Touareg V8 FSI (old) | 2006 Passat 3.6L Sport 1 (old) | 2003 Passat GLX (old)
post #20 of 26 Old 10-28-2015
Touareg Guru

Touareg: 2006 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2015 V8 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by gophurr View Post
Can anyone comment as to the sound quality for music being played through the Bluetooth unit? How does it compare to the quality of CD and AUX?
Here's what i know; music played directly from a cd always sounds better- as it holds more data, about 10 times more per minute than mp3 for example where its only about 1MB per minute( approx.). I rip at 320 nowadays.
Rns850 with the appropriate handset will use aptX for music- you will see the message onscreen upon connection. AptX is a much better cd quality like codec btw.
aptX appears to be superior and will give pretty good quality- i often stream music and it sounds great.
To clarify there are two compressions at play here- first is mp3 or any other(aac, etc)to compress music file then the compression type to transmit that file over Bluetooth A2DP, this is where aptx outshines others.
At the end it depends upon the handset, rate of compression used and codec used plus the quality of speakers-have dynaudio.
As far as i know iphones dont have aptX, sony/samsung and others do.
Hope this helps and clarifies.

V8 TDI R line MY15, White with Panoramic roof, VW towbar and the lot.

V10 TDI, MYO6 on Conti CrossContact 255/60/18s with RNS510, Paddle Shifters, Rear Diff lock, Mounted Spare, Phatbox, Bluetooth, 4 Zone CC, Keyless, AFS Xenons, TPMS, Easy Entry/Exit, Twin Batteries, Air Suspension, Sunroof, Icom IC440 UHF radio...

Had, Sold & Missed...V6 petrol on Pirelli AT's with Sat Nav, Rear Diff lock, Bluetooth & Phatbox.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode