Solution for Replace factory NAVI system - Page 7 - Club Touareg Forums

post #61 of 115 Old 04-12-2013 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Touareg: 2004 V6
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by lu vr6 View Post
So the tweeters dont get used id assume?
We only connect the Left front mid-range speaker, right front mid-range speaker, rear left bass speaker and rear right bass speaker.
Did not use the tweeters. If you connect the tweeters if you want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 115 Old 04-12-2013
Official CT Ricer!

Touareg: 2006 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
I am very very confused.

I have a 2006 T1 TDI Which came with the NAV and possibly the digital AMP and a whole bunch of speakers littered all over the car. I know the MFD NAV Function will not work but what else will be a limitation of this system?
post #63 of 115 Old 04-12-2013
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2008 V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Wong View Post
We only connect the Left front mid-range speaker, right front mid-range speaker, rear left bass speaker and rear right bass speaker.
Did not use the tweeters. If you connect the tweeters if you want.
I'm confused. That's got to sound awful. There are 6 speakers in front (Tweet, Mid Tweet, Mid Bass) and 4 in the rear (Tweet, Mid Bass) if I remember correctly. So in essence, there are no tweeters anywhere in the system anymore?

I'm assuming there is a full range signal going to some of those speakers, but if they have filters it isn't getting reproduced, or if it is, it isn't done well since that isn't what it's designed for.

Any additional info you can provide would have much benefit.

Current:
2014 TDI Exec - White w/ Cornsilk

Gone to a great new home:
2008 V6 Cranberry Red - Lux Plus (Leather, Keyless) Tech + Dynaudio, Air, Tow, 4 Zone Climate

post #64 of 115 Old 04-12-2013 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Yes, you are right. There are 6 speakers in front(Mid-range, Treble, Bass), 4 speakers in the rear(Mid-range, bass) and 1 center speaker under the dashboard.
Our unit will output a full range signal going to these speakers. You can get all the 11 speakers work by an extra amplifier.
Because like RNS510 only output 4 channels, but it can also work with 11 car speakers via an amplifier.
We also saw some one install the RNS510 on a sound package 2 vehicle and make all 11 speakers work via this adapter, but we do not have a chance to try it:
CAN Adapter RNS 510 - T5 - Touareg - Polo 9N3 - Golf 4 - Bora - VW Touareg 7L (2003 -> 2006) - Volkswagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameoba View Post
I'm confused. That's got to sound awful. There are 6 speakers in front (Tweet, Mid Tweet, Mid Bass) and 4 in the rear (Tweet, Mid Bass) if I remember correctly. So in essence, there are no tweeters anywhere in the system anymore?

I'm assuming there is a full range signal going to some of those speakers, but if they have filters it isn't getting reproduced, or if it is, it isn't done well since that isn't what it's designed for.

Any additional info you can provide would have much benefit.

post #65 of 115 Old 04-12-2013 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

If you are not sure what is the amplifier on your vehicle, please check this link to see:
How Do I know if smartauto24 product can fit to my Treg

The MFD will not show the info(radio info, Bluetooth, music etc.) except time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalystgod View Post
I am very very confused.

I have a 2006 T1 TDI Which came with the NAV and possibly the digital AMP and a whole bunch of speakers littered all over the car. I know the MFD NAV Function will not work but what else will be a limitation of this system?

post #66 of 115 Old 04-17-2013

Touareg: 2005 V8
There special wire harness is out of stock any way. Is that not right Allen? I placed my order and I might not get it for month?
post #67 of 115 Old 04-17-2013 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS TREG View Post
There special wire harness is out of stock any way. Is that not right Allen? I placed my order and I might not get it for month?
Yes, the first batch of products have been sold out. And the manufacturer is ramping up production. It will be available by early May.

post #68 of 115 Old 04-23-2013 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Here is a video about the S100 Touareg head unit:

post #69 of 115 Old 04-23-2013

Touareg: 2005 V8
Is that new Allen? I don't see it on the website. How does it compare to the C042?
post #70 of 115 Old 04-23-2013 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS TREG View Post
Is that new Allen? I don't see it on the website. How does it compare to the C042?
The model of this product is 991-C042, S100 is the platform name of 991-C042.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode