Solution for Replace factory NAVI system - Page 3 - Club Touareg Forums

post #21 of 115 Old 02-20-2013
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2004 V8
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
The pictures and write up are helpful and the unit does look good. Although, it states that the unit may not work with the steering wheel controls on model year 2004 and 2005. Can you give me more information about what may not work?

2004 Black 4.2L V8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 115 Old 02-21-2013 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Touareg: 2004 V6
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danville View Post
The pictures and write up are helpful and the unit does look good. Although, it states that the unit may not work with the steering wheel controls on model year 2004 and 2005. Can you give me more information about what may not work?
Yes, it may not work with steering wheel on part of 2003, 2004 Tuareg. (not all the vehicles.)
Because of the CANBUS on 03-04(1.6) are different from 05-12(2.0).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #23 of 115 Old 02-21-2013
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2004 V8
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
Allen, there is a conversion harness available to make the canbus 1.6 to canbus 2.0. With the new harness in place, will there be steering wheel functions on your unit?

2004 Black 4.2L V8

post #24 of 115 Old 02-21-2013 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danville View Post
Allen, there is a conversion harness available to make the canbus 1.6 to canbus 2.0. With the new harness in place, will there be steering wheel functions on your unit?
Unfortunately, we do not have a chance to test the adapter. So i can not confirm that.

post #25 of 115 Old 02-22-2013

Touareg: 2005 V8
Allen, I am unclear about this new product, the ANS710. I have a 2005 Touareg, factory NAV (CD based, digital amplifier - car built in 2004). The ANS710 pictures show RCA output for 4 speakers, but my interest is using your replacement NAV unit to drive the digital amplifier, I do not want to re-wiring the speakers (which I could do with VW8110). Can you confirm that the ANS710 unit drives the digital amplifier and works plug and play on the 2004 model original NAV CD based Touareg?
post #26 of 115 Old 02-22-2013
Touareg Enthusiast

Second Vehicle: 2005 V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecchiae View Post
Allen, I am unclear about this new product, the ANS710. I have a 2005 Touareg, factory NAV (CD based, digital amplifier - car built in 2004). The ANS710 pictures show RCA output for 4 speakers, but my interest is using your replacement NAV unit to drive the digital amplifier, I do not want to re-wiring the speakers (which I could do with VW8110). Can you confirm that the ANS710 unit drives the digital amplifier and works plug and play on the 2004 model original NAV CD based Touareg?
i can testify that the ANS710 does work with my 2004(5) v8. the steering wheel controls work "but thats all. no MFD displays" there is no need to use the audio out cables "unless you are running after market amps/subs etc" it was a very very very simple plug and play install. "except trying to tuck all the cables into hidyholes to make the whole unit sit back flush. i ended up having to cut out some of the plastic in the very back of the dash.

the new unit is ment to be doing away with the canbus adaptor cable, which will make the install SOOO much easier,

the adaption from cambus 1.6- 2.0 would likley.. if at all.. just give you radio station and track details displayed on the MFD.

ChocolateMoose
regal marine

post #27 of 115 Old 02-22-2013
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2007 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: too many to list
Does anyone know if the ANS710 works with the factory backup cam?
post #28 of 115 Old 02-22-2013 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lu vr6 View Post
Does anyone know if the ANS710 works with the factory backup cam?
Yes, we do have RGB wiring can support factory camera.

post #29 of 115 Old 02-22-2013
Touareg Enthusiast

Second Vehicle: 2005 V8
allen do you have any more info on the new units?

ChocolateMoose
regal marine

post #30 of 115 Old 02-22-2013 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
allen do you have any more info on the new units?
Yes, the new unit ANS710 is in stock. Click this link to check:
http://www.smartauto24.com/volkswage...radio-dvd-ipod
If you need more information please reply this thread or email us.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode