Solution for Replace factory NAVI system - Page 12 - Club Touareg Forums

post #111 of 115 Old 12-08-2016
Touareg Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxgoku View Post
Are these still the best options are is there better out there now? I would like to keep the features/speakers currently with the nav unit, with added modern functions.

Going to the SmartAuto24 website and selecting Volkswagen Touareg 2005, gives me 3 options to choose from:
w w w . smartauto24.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=357_381&maker=122& model=424&year=230
Can you specify what the differences/benefits/cons are between these three and what would be the recommended model to use?

Option 1:
Model Number: 991-I042
Option 2:
Model Number: 991-C042
Option 3:
Model Number: K042

Sorry for the bad link but I don't have linking ability due to just joining the forum.
None of those will work with the digital amplifier. You'll lose 7 speakers.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 115 Old 03-29-2017

Touareg: 2007 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshatherton View Post
None of those will work with the digital amplifier. You'll lose 7 speakers.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
With that being said, are there any solutions currently that have that functionality. I've seen a model s160, a n6-vwtg and few others. Any suggestions for a 07 v10 with no navigation, color mfd, cd changer, and I believe an amp bear the changer?
post #113 of 115 Old 04-09-2017 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Touareg: 2004 V6
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Android 6.0 with 1.5GHz Coretex-A53 64-bit Qcta-core CPU, 2GB rom, 32GB

S160 is still running android 4.4 with 1GB. If your car does not have factory navigation system. Then I recommend the Android 6.0 radio with 8 core CPU. No need the extension cord. Because the radio can work with this amp on your car.
Volkswagen Touareg Android 6.0 OS GPS Navigation Head Unit
Quote:
With that being said, are there any solutions currently that have that functionality. I've seen a model s160, a n6-vwtg and few others. Any suggestions for a 07 v10 with no navigation, color mfd, cd changer, and I believe an amp bear the changer?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #114 of 115 Old 04-18-2017

Touareg: 2007 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Wong View Post
S160 is still running android 4.4 with 1GB. If your car does not have factory navigation system. Then I recommend the Android 6.0 radio with 8 core CPU. No need the extension cord. Because the radio can work with this amp on your car.
Volkswagen Touareg Android 6.0 OS GPS Navigation Head Unit
Thanks Allen. Would you be able to tell me if the multiple antenna support, and the cd changer still function with this setup? Thanks for the help.
post #115 of 115 Old 04-18-2017 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Touareg: 2004 V6
Second Vehicle: Still looking
FM/AM radio antenna adapter with booster

The CD changer will be invalid no matter what aftermarket radios you install. But these radios have ability to play music from SD card and USB flash disk. Why do you still need the CD changer on the trunk?
This FM/AM radio antenna adapter with booster improves the radio signal a lot.
Quote:
Thanks Allen. Would you be able to tell me if the multiple antenna support, and the cd changer still function with this setup? Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode